Had a nice surprise this evening.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
The sales guy figured tomorrow morning after 9 the tractor would get dropped off.........I guess I won't be sleeping tonight.
20230503_160917.jpg

20230503_161958~2.jpg

20230503_162017~2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID
Congratulations on the new toy. Always good to get presents early.

Reactions: 1 user

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Looks ready to work!
Came at supper time and the wife had to leave for a visitation so I'm watching jr. I want her around for when I start taking stuff on and off for her to get a general idea. I did get the deck adjusted to 3 inches so far nothing overly complicated. Probably going to remove the deck to do some loader work the next couple of days and might sqaure off the garden with the tiller. Tomorrow and Friday my day is busy picking up some auction buys so maybe this weekend might be able to play around.

Reactions: 3 users

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
I like the last two pictures. If you did them in black and white have one enlarged for hanging. Enjoy.

Reactions: 1 users

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Love it, congrats and enjoy

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
My experience with getting my significant other to care about the tractor is:
1. She doesn't
2. Having her near when I do things for the first time is annoying, because she gives unsolicited advice
3. Therefore, better to do it a few times myself, then show it to her once I know what I'm doing and can explain it
4. She only needs to know a few things - enough for her use. Anything else, she calls me. She doesn't take the mower and loader off for example, my job to leave the tractor in a state she can use it. She mostly mows, so I try to avoid leaving the loader on, and I always leave it with the mower deck on.
5. She can mount the loader, but usually through FaceTime-ing me and me walking her through it. She does it too infrequently to remember between times.

YMMV

PS: Great looking machine. You're going to be so happy. Looks like you need some chain hooks so that you don't scuff the paint on that bucket.

Reactions: 2 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Congrats! Have your dealer check your front loader arm mounts to make sure the backhoe subframe brackets aren't upside down (just happened to me). You'll enjoy that LX2610!

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
My experience with getting my significant other to care about the tractor is:
1. She doesn't
2. Having her near when I do things for the first time is annoying, because she gives unsolicited advice
3. Therefore, better to do it a few times myself, then show it to her once I know what I'm doing and can explain it
4. She only needs to know a few things - enough for her use. Anything else, she calls me. She doesn't take the mower and loader off for example, my job to leave the tractor in a state she can use it. She mostly mows, so I try to avoid leaving the loader on, and I always leave it with the mower deck on.
5. She can mount the loader, but usually through FaceTime-ing me and me walking her through it. She does it too infrequently to remember between times.

YMMV

PS: Great looking machine. You're going to be so happy. Looks like you need some chain hooks so that you don't scuff the paint on that bucket.
I plow snow for the tree and lawn care company I work at. We usually go out in the middle of the snow. Usually 8 to 12 hour runs when its said and done then plow our 150 yard horse shoe driveway. We used a 700 cc atv or if it was bad I'd bring a truck home. I sent an album of directions to my wife on plowing. She runs the fourwheeler enough just to know how to move it or go for a quick ride. One time I came home to speed bumps and a mountain of snow in the middle of the driveway. She couldn't angle the blade so lost traction didn't use low or 4 lock she'd leave the pile then drive over it to keep pushing snow. That was the time I got a little mad at her. She meant well. I never try to be grouchy when I'm tired and have to plow.

This tractor was her idea but trying to get her on it she seems scared.

I was just thinking hooks on the bucket. Idk what's worst scratching the new paint or welding on it. We took the mower deck off tonight. The new paint made it hard for somethings to slide in and out or click back in figured things need to get scuffed up a bit.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
She meant well. I never try to be grouchy when I'm tired and have to plow.
Yeah. When I was sick (can't recall if it was sore back or COVID) she mowed the lawns for me to be helpful. She mows about once or twice a year, it's one of my jobs (and one that I enjoy). She left hay all over the lawn (left too long before mowing it), and I normally do three circuits blowing inwards before turning to blow outwards. She did two circuits, then blew grass all over the decks, the boat, the paths. Somehow also managed to scalp a bit of the grass, I know we have a bit of grass grub that loosens the roots, but an unusually large section lifted up for some reason.

I just thanked her for mowing, and said how nice it was to not have to get on the tractor when I was sick.

My spouse is someone who likes to help, it's how she shows she cares. The fact that her helping often slows me down is irrelevant. And if I get grumpy then she gets very sad, because her helping is a big part of who she is. I try to just bite my tongue and work through it.

This tractor was her idea but trying to get her on it she seems scared.
I had the benefit of a BX first, which is really the size of an overgrown ride on, before stepping up to the B. And of course, she's a farm girl, so she grew up driving a Caterpillar D2 for track work, and driving the hay truck. She's well competent to do these things, she just chooses not to do it if I can do it instead.

I learned a few things from teaching Mum some stuff with her equipment. Dad passed recently, and she didn't know how to drive the excavator. Which is weird, she drives the Massey TEA, she drove the big Kioti, she drives the ride on. Turns out that she believed Dad wouldn't teach her. Even worse, he was happy to teach the grand daughters, and put up with them doing whatever to his machine, but Mum always had to get it right.

What it actually was, was that with the grand daughters they'd only drive it once or twice. So he just tolerated them being hard on it. If they pop a track off he'll just put it back on. With Mum, she potentially would use it all the time. So he wanted to show her all the things he'd learned by getting it wrong, so that she could have the benefit of that experience. And how she interpreted that was that he was setting impossibly high standards, expecting her to do things perfectly when he'd taken a couple of years to learn what to do and what not to do.

What I learned from all that is that you can't expect to transfer your knowledge to someone else like that. People learn by doing, so you have to accept that they'll make mistakes and break stuff. And you just have to fix the things they break. Consider it "playing with your tractor" rather than "fixing the stuff my wife broke."

Now that it's officially Mum's excavator, she can drive it how she likes, and if she breaks it then she has to get it fixed. They're pretty bullet proof anyway, and she lets me drive it and I'm no expert....I always figure that the small Takeuchis are really common in rental fleets. And if they're not getting broken by the muppets who rent small excavators, then probably they won't get broken by me.

I was just thinking hooks on the bucket. Idk what's worst scratching the new paint or welding on it. We took the mower deck off tonight. The new paint made it hard for somethings to slide in and out or click back in figured things need to get scuffed up a bit.
Started a thread on chain hooks just today. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/chain-hooks.63117/#post-632743

Grinding the paint, welding, then painting it again in Kubota orange is a long term solution. Scratching it is something that will just continue to get worse over time. To be honest, I've had mine two years, and I've used chains a few times. I don't really have any material scratches from the chains. It's more that chain hooks would be way more convenient, and it's a thing I can do easily.

You can get bolt on ones pretty easily, that'd avoid the welding on the paintwork.

And yes, the paint takes a while to wear thin where it needs to be thin. My quick attach is still stiff (although I think one of the pins is a bit misaligned, so it's potentially going to need encouragement with a hammer forever).

I just posted my video on mower deck off and on - for the B2601, not the LX, but may be useful to you.

Last edited:

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Backhoe mount brackets... You got a backhoe for it!! I'm envious.

As for my wife, she loves our LX2610 because it's a property need, and not a want.

But she's never driven or operated it... yet. Once she goes out and has to change an implement on the 3 point. Holy smokes. Or change the bucket to the grapple or forks. Then I'll hear about it.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Yeah. When I was sick (can't recall if it was sore back or COVID) she mowed the lawns for me to be helpful. She mows about once or twice a year, it's one of my jobs (and one that I enjoy). She left hay all over the lawn (left too long before mowing it), and I normally do three circuits blowing inwards before turning to blow outwards. She did two circuits, then blew grass all over the decks, the boat, the paths. Somehow also managed to scalp a bit of the grass, I know we have a bit of grass grub that loosens the roots, but an unusually large section lifted up for some reason.

I just thanked her for mowing, and said how nice it was to not have to get on the tractor when I was sick.

My spouse is someone who likes to help, it's how she shows she cares. The fact that her helping often slows me down is irrelevant. And if I get grumpy then she gets very sad, because her helping is a big part of who she is. I try to just bite my tongue and work through it.

I had the benefit of a BX first, which is really the size of an overgrown ride on, before stepping up to the B. And of course, she's a farm girl, so she grew up driving a Caterpillar D2 for track work, and driving the hay truck. She's well competent to do these things, she just chooses not to do it if I can do it instead.

I learned a few things from teaching Mum some stuff with her equipment. Dad passed recently, and she didn't know how to drive the excavator. Which is weird, she drives the Massey TEA, she drove the big Kioti, she drives the ride on. Turns out that she believed Dad wouldn't teach her. Even worse, he was happy to teach the grand daughters, and put up with them doing whatever to his machine, but Mum always had to get it right.

What it actually was, was that with the grand daughters they'd only drive it once or twice. So he just tolerated them being hard on it. If they pop a track off he'll just put it back on. With Mum, she potentially would use it all the time. So he wanted to show her all the things he'd learned by getting it wrong, so that she could have the benefit of that experience. And how she interpreted that was that he was setting impossibly high standards, expecting her to do things perfectly when he'd taken a couple of years to learn what to do and what not to do.

What I learned from all that is that you can't expect to transfer your knowledge to someone else like that. People learn by doing, so you have to accept that they'll make mistakes and break stuff. And you just have to fix the things they break. Consider it "playing with your tractor" rather than "fixing the stuff my wife broke."

Now that it's officially Mum's excavator, she can drive it how she likes, and if she breaks it then she has to get it fixed. They're pretty bullet proof anyway, and she lets me drive it and I'm no expert....I always figure that the small Takeuchis are really common in rental fleets. And if they're not getting broken by the muppets who rent small excavators, then probably they won't get broken by me.

Started a thread on chain hooks just today. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/chain-hooks.63117/#post-632743

Grinding the paint, welding, then painting it again in Kubota orange is a long term solution. Scratching it is something that will just continue to get worse over time. To be honest, I've had mine two years, and I've used chains a few times. I don't really have any material scratches from the chains. It's more that chain hooks would be way more convenient, and it's a thing I can do easily.

You can get bolt on ones pretty easily, that'd avoid the welding on the paintwork.

And yes, the paint takes a while to wear thin where it needs to be thin. My quick attach is still stiff (although I think one of the pins is a bit misaligned, so it's potentially going to need encouragement with a hammer forever).

I just posted my video on mower deck off and on - for the B2601, not the LX, but may be useful to you.
I was a landscape foreman for 5 years. During the summers we had a lot of high school help many in which this was their first job. A lot of them didn't know what end of a shovel to use and lost track of how many wheel barrows got tipped over by them gettint a 10 foot running start to try to hop a curb. I learned there's a time and place to teach someone something. Dark sky's and thunder in the distance isn't the best time to have someone new on a piece of equipment, everyone learns differently either by doing, or watching, or reading. There's times I forced the guys to do something so they'd get familiar with the task.....figured why have help if I'm doing most of the work. If they broke something I made them fix it then they learned not to be so rough. There's plenty of times I sent guys home either because time and funding was running out on a job and it was cheaper and faster for me to finish on my own, or if guys didn't want to put in effort and play on their phones. Some of my best guys were skinny and weak. They wanted to prove themselves compared to the big muscle jocks who could dead lift 300 pounds at the gym but couldn't move that weight. I learned everyone has something to offer it was my job to figure it and use them to their skill level. Unfortunately by the time you trained someone or figured things out it was end of summer and you'd never see those guys again. So samething with my wife like yours she put in the effort, trys and that's how she shows her love.

Thanks for the video. The sales guy told us we had a drive over deck then when I questioned it looking at it he said it wasn't offered for L series. I had a general idea how to remove it but followed the book, there's my own twist I'd do things next time. The brackets to clip up the mount is what gave us greif but got it figured out. Again the more we do it the easier it'll be.

Last edited:

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Backhoe mount brackets... You got a backhoe for it!! I'm envious.

As for my wife, she loves our LX2610 because it's a property need, and not a want.

But she's never driven or operated it... yet. Once she goes out and has to change an implement on the 3 point. Holy smokes. Or change the bucket to the grapple or forks. Then I'll hear about it.
I wasn't aware it had backhoe brackets. No backhoe. I'd need a full size one for my projects. I brought home a mini excavator from work a few times. It did the task but a bigger one would've been faster and easier.