Guns...Times have changed...

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I really don't understand why the teacher with a firearm suggestion is so controversial. Everyone against it instantly says, "No teacher should be forced to carry a gun." Who is saying teachers have to be forced to carry a gun?

I would say, most teachers should not carry a gun. But, there are certainly some that know firearms and it could make all the difference, even if it bought time for others to escape or another person to take him out.
Would be better to have a full time trained police officer with a gun in each school.

Reactions: 1 user

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
We need to stop being afraid to talk about the real problem instead of whats easy to talk about like guns, security etc.

People are nuts for a reason and that problem needs to be figured out.

"Antidepressants increase the risk of suicide, violence and homicide at all ages

The FDA admitted in 2007 that SSRIs can cause madness at all ages and that the drugs are very dangerous; otherwise daily monitoring wouldn’t be needed: “Families and caregivers of patients should be advised to look for the emergence of such symptoms on a day-to-day basis, since changes may be abrupt” ... “All patients being treated with antidepressants for any indication should be monitored appropriately and observed closely for clinical worsening, suicidality, and unusual changes in behavior, especially during the initial few months of a course of drug therapy, or at times of dose changes, either increases or decreases. The following symptoms, anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, akathisia (psychomotor restlessness), hypomania, and mania, have been reported in adult and pediatric patients being treated with antidepressants” (1).

Such daily monitoring is, however, a fake fix. People cannot be monitored every minute and many have committed SSRI-induced suicide or homicide within a few hours after everyone thought they were perfectly okay.

As the published trial literature related to suicidality and aggression on antidepressants is unreliable, we looked at 64,381 pages of clinical study reports (70 trials) we got from the European Medicines Agency. We showed for the first time that SSRIs in comparison with placebo increase aggression in children and adolescents, odds ratio 2.79 (95% CI 1.62 to 4.81) (2). This is an important finding considering the many school shootings where the killers were on SSRIs."

source: https://www.bmj.com/content/358/bmj.j3697/rr-4

• Love

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Again this is really sad…so sad. Regardless of what led up to it there are a lot of people grieving…let them grieve.

If a member of congress or their spouse was drunk driving and killed another, who would the dishonest media and their peers and community hold accountable? Would that be the bottle of alcohol? The place the alcohol was purchased? Or perhaps the car itself? Or maybe the brake manufacturer? Or the car dealer that sold and serviced it? Or would it even be the peoples fault who elected the congress person? Or how about whoever might have indoctrinated them into their train of thought?

There was a horrific tradgedy, Just think about what some are suggesting to take away from others that have nothing to do with what happened…for their own selfish position of power and elitism over others while there should be a time of healing and grieving. Who what should be blamed….I hope everyone speaks out equally (or spoke out already😉 if such a thing would have ever happened).

Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Again this is really sad…so sad. Regardless of what led up to it there are a lot of people grieving…let them grieve.

If a member of congress or their spouse was drunk driving and killed another, who would the dishonest media and their peers and community hold accountable? Would that be the bottle of alcohol? The place the alcohol was purchased? Or perhaps the car itself? Or maybe the brake manufacturer? Or the car dealer that sold and serviced it? Or would it even be the peoples fault who elected the congress person? Or how about whoever might have indoctrinated them into their train of thought?

There was a horrific tradgedy, Just think about what some are suggesting to take away from others that have nothing to do with what happened…for their own selfish position of power and elitism over others while there should be a time of healing and grieving. Who what should be blamed….I hope everyone speaks out equally (or spoke out already😉 if such a thing would have ever happened).

In the past the seller/server of the alcohol beverage gets accused/charged, especially when under legal age to consume.

How will the elitist handle not having body guards? Or do they get to chose who has and can use guns?

With no guns there is no need to guard anything, schools, banks, streets, white-house, etc because there is no possibility of threat!! ;)

Reactions: 1 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
The answer is simple. Outlaw assault style large capacity weapons. Make all gun owners register their guns and complete training. Require proper storage . Require more stringent background checks for purchasers. I believe the police unions have advocated for this. I have had guns my whole life rifles, pistols, and shotguns and shoot regularly. I would support such legislation in a heartbeat. I mentioned in an earlier post many are too stupid to have guns. If the shared pain and suffering from recent events don't touch you I am afraid you may also be in the "too stupid" category. Laws are interpreted within context and have been continuously changed since the beginnings of humanity. There is a book worth reading "The Rule of Laws: A 4000 Year Quest to Order the World". Lets hope we can come together as a society and start fixing some problems. And yes I voted for Trump. Good day fellow tractor enthusiasts. Reporting from Pittsburgh "The Paris of Appalachia".

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
The answer is simple. Outlaw assault style large capacity weapons. Make all gun owners register their guns and complete training. Require proper storage . Require more stringent background checks for purchasers. I believe the police unions have advocated for this. I have had guns my whole life rifles, pistols, and shotguns and shoot regularly. I would support such legislation in a heartbeat. I mentioned in an earlier post many are too stupid to have guns. If the shared pain and suffering from recent events don't touch you I am afraid you may also be in the "too stupid" category. Laws are interpreted within context and have been continuously changed since the beginnings of humanity. There is a book worth reading "The Rule of Laws: A 4000 Year Quest to Order the World". Lets hope we can come together as a society and start fixing some problems. And yes I voted for Trump. Good day fellow tractor enthusiasts. Reporting from Pittsburgh "The Paris of Appalachia".
Sounds like your emotions have gotten the better of you. Guns of every kind where already banned from schools yet that guy walked right in there, disregarding the law and killed people.

Also we the general population need and are guaranteed to be able to posses assault style, large compacity weapons just in case we need to overthrow our despotic government, its is our right and our duty to do just that. This is laid out in the Declaration of Independance and is guaranteed through the Second amendment of the Constitution.

" That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security "

So with gun bans out of the question lets talk about the real and actual problem...the PEOPLE who do these horrible things.

• Dislike
Reactions: 8 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Also we the general population need and are guaranteed to be able to posses assault style, large compacity weapons just in case we need to overthrow our despotic government,
lol wait do you actually believe this?
Because the government has, like, jets, and aircraft carriers and stuff.... who are you overthrowing? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Sounds like your emotions have gotten the better of you. Guns of every kind where already banned from schools yet that guy walked right in there, disregarding the law and killed people.

Also we the general population need and are guaranteed to be able to posses assault style, large compacity weapons just in case we need to overthrow our despotic government, its is our right and our duty to do just that. This is laid out in the Declaration of Independance and is guaranteed through the Second amendment of the Constitution.

" That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security "

So with gun bans out of the question lets talk about the real and actual problem...the PEOPLE who do these horrible things.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I believe I addressed the "Duty..rights...Declaration of Independence " thing in my prior post. Read the book I referenced. People change, societies change , and laws have changed. Those are facts and not my emotions speaking. The world is appalled by our circumstances regarding gun violence. And rightly so. When guns are the number one cause of childhood death something is wrong. When I see a problem I run to it and not away like many. Its time for a new approach to firearms ownership. I wish everyone the best here. Now back to my tractor, bought 2 cubic yard of mulch 2 hours ago and the rain just stopped. Fun times!

Last edited:

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I didn't know guns were capable of committing violence.
Simple fact of the matter. Inanimate object. Can't do anything with out human intervention. If you want to be factual, please use the correct terms. We have a violent people problem. (Aka criminal problem) the tool used isn't the issue.
If someone went on a rampage and killed their victims with a claw hammer Would we have hammer violence? No, that would just be silly. Hammers don't kill people, people kill people.
Would the effect be any different if the police came to your home to inform you, your (fill in the blank) was killed via hammer, rock, gun, knife, stick, car ect. No I think not. Dead is still dead. It doesn't make any difference how the death occurred, it matters that an innocent life was taken at the hands of someone else.

I've stayed quite on the armed teacher thing, but I guess my opinion is just as valid as everyone's.
I believe they should be given the option. If they want to and are qualified, why would we stop them? I do not oppose greater police presents at the school, or hired security. But why not allow the teachers the choice?
One of the funny things is all these places that are attacked are the little paper signs that say "no guns allowed."
Bet if the attacker knew there would be resistance they would think twice. May be not. Don't hear of mad Men shooting up a police station either though.....

Reactions: 5 users

Clevus

Equipment
Ko Buddha
Oct 23, 2021
NW Michigan
Sorry, after the 2020 “Summer of Love” riots and looting where government abandoned citizens and let miscreants burn down communities, nobody is surrendering their 2nd Amendment rights or AR rifles. Before that thousands have defended home and hearth with such weapons during natural disasters such as hurricane, tornado and floods where governments are simply overwhelmed.
More often than not the black rifles are used defensively to save lives. There is a culture problem NOT a gun problem.

One more thing, I did all the preventive maintenance on my belly mower, including changing the gearbox lube, before sliding it under and hooking her up.

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Would be better to have a full time trained police officer with a gun in each school.
A lot of good the "trained" police officer(s) did in Uvalde, Texas. Took the Border Patrol to take care of the problem - ignoring the order from police to NOT go in. At least that's what was reported on the news last night.

• Sad

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I didn't know guns were capable of committing violence.
Simple fact of the matter. Inanimate object. Can't do anything with out human intervention. If you want to be factual, please use the correct terms. We have a violent people problem. (Aka criminal problem) the tool used isn't the issue.
If someone went on a rampage and killed their victims with a claw hammer Would we have hammer violence? No, that would just be silly. Hammers don't kill people, people kill people.
Would the effect be any different if the police came to your home to inform you, your (fill in the blank) was killed via hammer, rock, gun, knife, stick, car ect. No I think not. Dead is still dead. It doesn't make any difference how the death occurred, it matters that an innocent life was taken at the hands of someone else.

I've stayed quite on the armed teacher thing, but I guess my opinion is just as valid as everyone's.
I believe they should be given the option. If they want to and are qualified, why would we stop them? I do not oppose greater police presents at the school, or hired security. But why not allow the teachers the choice?
One of the funny things is all these places that are attacked are the little paper signs that say "no guns allowed."
Bet if the attacker knew there would be resistance they would think twice. May be not. Don't hear of mad Men shooting up a police station either though.....
Exactly, a mad man in a SUV in Kenosha ,Wi mowing down a Christmas Prade. Other tools are used too, Ban or require permits for all of those as well?

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
We need to stop being afraid to talk about the real problem instead of whats easy to talk about like guns, security etc.

People are nuts for a reason and that problem needs to be figured out.
^ This.

People were killing each other for hundreds of years before there were such things as guns. Why??

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
lol wait do you actually believe this?
Because the government has, like, jets, and aircraft carriers and stuff.... who are you overthrowing? :ROFLMAO:
Absolutely. Have you read our history? How we overthrew our government and put in place one that served the people and not the crown? Just farmers with muskets against a well established army.
And in modern times, did you see how cave dwellers in a 3rd world shithole gave a world superpower a run for its money for 12 years? Not once but twice, first the Soviet Union then the United States. People that wiped their asses with a bare hand but somehow couldnt be defeated by 2 superpowers.

At the point which a revolution ever happens on American soil the military will be weak or broken in factions most likely.