Guns...Times have changed...

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

the video at the link above is worth a watch. It’s a intersting perspective and something to think about.

Reactions: 3 users

Clevus

Equipment
Ko Buddha
Oct 23, 2021
NW Michigan

the video at the link above is worth a watch. It’s a intersting perspective and something to think about.
Two points he doesn’t cover.
1: The worst school massacre in US history didn’t use a gun.
Google “Bath School Disaster”.
2: The people wanting to take your guns are planning on keeping theirs.

Reactions: 4 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Yep…Pill/vaccine pushers and the depop people push stuff that does more damage as well.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Just wanted to share something that happens every day here at work. Goes to the I don't care attitude. Ride went down, I showed up in under 5 minutes. No guests on the ride. Knew what had happened and made the relevant adjustment. In the mean time 2 younger kinds decided to jump the gate as I was getting ready to cycle the ride to verify repair. I hit the e stop and yelled at them. I was quite literally told to f-off. Unfortunately they jumped another fence before security showed up. Happens every day. No care in the world and it's all about them.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Just wanted to share something that happens every day here at work. Goes to the I don't care attitude. Ride went down, I showed up in under 5 minutes. No guests on the ride. Knew what had happened and made the relevant adjustment. In the mean time 2 younger kinds decided to jump the gate as I was getting ready to cycle the ride to verify repair. I hit the e stop and yelled at them. I was quite literally told to f-off. Unfortunately they jumped another fence before security showed up. Happens every day. No care in the world and it's all about them.
So back to the OP about what changed. It wasn't guns.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The issue is really mental health and how those folks get weapons.

I know one situation where a person is out of control, has had drug problems for 30+ years, his folks never held him accountable for his choices. They gave him one of their rentals. He got a mortgage against it and lost it in bankruptcy. Folks bought it again and gave it to him. Soon the father died. The son takes over the mothers affairs, and done things I will not express here.

Family members have had a discussion with the local police dept. after this person made threats etc. but nothing is being done. I think a tragedy has to occur before anyone is protected from this individual. It's sorry !!!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I despise all of the misleading reporting that's going on. I was surprised to see an article by a "data editor" at NBC today ...

... that sheds light on the manipulative way some groups present data.

The short version is that the claim that the leading cause of death among children is due to firearms is misleading since according to the report above, the group "children" would need to include 18 and 19 year olds, who account for almost 50% of gun deaths in the 0-19 year old group. So is it misleading to call an 18 or 19 year old a child? Yes, I think it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Just thinking that I am probably fortunate that I likely only have maybe at best 25 years left to be concerned with these issues…hopefully 25 years…LOL

live long and prosper to all!

Moving gradually into the “live like this is your last day” mode. Not a bad idea whatever one’s age is really.

Up to recently I lived in the “I’m gonna live forever mode”. I think that is good too…but at some point reality sets in.

Times have changed…for me…in many ways.

Still happy to be here though!

Reactions: 2 users

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
Saw a documentary on the Bath school a few years ago. Right up there with the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
The issue is really mental health and how those folks get weapons.
Yes, this!

I despise all of the misleading reporting that's going on. I was surprised to see an article by a "data editor" at NBC today ...

... that sheds light on the manipulative way some groups present data.

The short version is that the claim that the leading cause of death among children is due to firearms is misleading since according to the report above, the group "children" would need to include 18 and 19 year olds, who account for almost 50% of gun deaths in the 0-19 year old group. So is it misleading to call an 18 or 19 year old a child? Yes, I think it is.
It's not leading but it is a VERY close 2nd and regardless, that number should be close to zero. It's real fucked up that gun deaths among children are even remotely close to car deaths.

Screenshot_20220603-200728.png

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Every time emotional people and lawmakers threaten to take away gun rights, there is another huge run on guns and ammo,.

How many MILLIONS of AR 15s are now in the hands of people as a direct result of liberal gun grab threats?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Every time emotional people and lawmakers threaten to take away gun rights, there is another huge run on guns and ammo,.

How many MILLIONS of AR 15s are now in the hands of people as a direct result of liberal gun grab threats?
Ummmm........ I've been considering getting one 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio

You are correct. I have a good friend who trains ccw and is a legit firearms dealer. He can't keep any guns in stock. Every time the talk turns to banning his sales triple.
I really believe there would be a civil war if they tried to take away all guns. Texas is very armed. Im in Ohio and lots of gun shops.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dont worry Joe is going to tak all of them and it will be rainbows and unicorns after that

• Wow
  • Haha

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
wonder how many were bought with stimulus checks 🤣
Probably a lot !!! I wonder wich states have the least gun owners. For all the shootings , how many more times that are there legit responsable owners. Bet its a large ratio.

Clevus

Equipment
Ko Buddha
Oct 23, 2021
NW Michigan

At the time of the Parkland shooting, I read there were between 13-15 million AR pattern rifles in civilian hands.
I am personally against raising the age to 21 because historically 18-21 year olds fight our wars. I want them to train to be safe and proficient with firearms.With or without military service. The NRA (probably the greatest marksmanship and safety training organization in the history of the world) was started after the civil war because the northern soldiers were so crappy at shooting, whereas the southern soldiers who grew up hunting were excellent marksman.

What has changed? We have demonized patriotism and morality for one.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
At the time of the Parkland shooting, I read there were between 13-15 million AR pattern rifles in civilian hands.
I am personally against raising the age to 21 because historically 18-21 year olds fight our wars. I want them to train to be safe and proficient with firearms.With or without military service. The NRA (probably the greatest marksmanship and safety training organization in the history of the world) was started after the civil war because the northern soldiers were so crappy at shooting, whereas the southern soldiers who grew up hunting were excellent marksman.

What has changed? We have demonized patriotism and morality for one.
Id like to share a true story about myself. It shaped me in a lot of ways.
I grew up in a small town, spent summers out in the country baling hay etc.. as a teen to make money.
My dads property was 1 block from main st. The local banks parking lot bordered our tree line.
1973 I was 10, I had saved money from mowing yards and Shoveling snow the prior winter and bought myself a Pump action BB/Pellet rifle. I was shooting at tin cans and missed and shot a bank window at noon. Cops came, I was running thinking where do I hide I threw the gun.
My father came home from work, pissed off. Told me I would give my gun to the cops to destroy. Told me I would pay for the window and had the cop sit me in the car like I was going to Jail. I got a lecture about I needed to learn my actions could hurt others. Was told I was to irresponsible to own even a cap gun.

My point is I think this stuff starts at home. My dad also taught me later to depend on myself first, never take handouts. Don't count on the govt or anyone else. I thought he was cruel at the time. Now I appreciate the values he taught me.

So has times changed ? Hell yes they have. Parents just throw money at their kids and expect teachers to raise their kids. Then complain about what they're taught.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It's not leading but it is a VERY close 2nd and regardless, that number should be close to zero. It's real fucked up that gun deaths among children are even remotely close to car deaths.
Of course, but a significant number of those deaths are accidents or suicides. It's still unacceptable, and preventing the unsupervised access of firearms by children is critical.

That said, you lose credibility and trust when you misrepresent data, or manipulate it in a way to serve an agenda.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Another thing that's ludicrous in all of this is the idea that a firearms manufacturer should be held liable when their products are used in a way that causes injury or death. The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act has it right. You can't sue Budweiser when a drunk driver kills a family of four. You can sue the bar that continued serving drinks to the customer, but it's ridiculous to think that the manufacturer should be held accountable.