Guns...Times have changed...

Clevus

Equipment
Ko Buddha
Oct 23, 2021
NW Michigan
If responsible gun owners do not find ways to respond to the long-running (and now building) anti-gun establishment, elected officials will utilize the opportunity to appease the 'loudest' crowd with new, stricter requirements of all types onto gun owners and manufacturers.

'Anti-gunners' in most cases would not be considered as knowledgable firearms persons, assuming the likelihood that they've neither owned or used them.

It's up to KNOWLEDGABLE firearms users to acknowledge the situation and protect their interests by working harder than anyone to find solutions.

I don't want to see a host of new laws/restrictions/mandates etc., placed on law-abiding taxpaying citizens! If the problem isn't adequately and promptly addressed, someone that doesn't have any interest in your interests will create a legislative solution. :eek:
An easy solution is enforcing the laws we have now. The liberal prosecutor paradigm of going easy on crime/criminals knowing it will increase gun crimes to justify calling for more gun laws. Before asking for a legislative solution prosecutors should use the tools the legislature has already given them, such as enhancements, high bail and prosecuting minors as adults.

Reactions: 1 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
"Everything is OK, just different" - isn't this the textbook definition of Freedom? I don't agree with every single mainstream thing that is being said or done here, but if it doesn't infringe upon my freedoms, who am I to say what people can or cannot do? Same goes with you. Freedom of thought, speech, and action as long as it doesn't infringe upon others freedoms isn't "progressive", it's an amendment just like the 2nd protected by the first and the ninth.
I'm not arguing the 'legality' of it or challenging (in most cases) protections under certain amendments and the Bill of Rights. I am however speaking to the constant erosion of morals and what used to be social norms. Ever changing you will argue and I submit the same is true. Just not for the better in my 'opinion'.

Attendant to this moral decay, lack of respect for others, self 'only' interests, drug abuse, etc....we see a very different mind set among many. These anything goes 'freedoms' you hold so dearly come at a social cost. And yes 'Progressives' are very much responsible for promoting it.

Reactions: 2 users

Clevus

Equipment
Ko Buddha
Oct 23, 2021
NW Michigan

They don’t care about nuance or honest solutions, they just want guns out of the hands of people they don’t like. The establishment also wants guns out of public hands for obvious reasons; it makes it much easier to erode other parts of the constitution when the 2nd Amendment is no longer a deterrent. Joe Biden argues that Americans “need to stand up to the gun lobby” in the wake of the Texas shooting, but the gun lobby has nothing to do with these events either. The biggest gun lobby in the US is the American people standing in defense of their freedoms, and they have committed no crime.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: An easy solution is enforcing the laws we have now.

yes, but that's LOGICAL ,COMMON SENSE and doesn't follow 'their' agenda...

Here in Ontario the Liberals proclaim they WILL ban ALL handguns ( yeah...election time here...)

There is ZERO chance 'they' can actually accomplish it. None, nada, zilch... I'll be my BX23S on it.

Do you think ALL criminals will hand in THEIR handguns ?

A huge part of the problem ,here in Ontario ,is the near constant flow of handguns, via Buffalo. Boarder guards have been told NOT to search/delay ANY blacks as that would be 'racist'.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
They don’t care about nuance or honest solutions, they just want guns out of the hands of people they don’t like. The establishment also wants guns out of public hands for obvious reasons; it makes it much easier to erode other parts of the constitution when the 2nd Amendment is no longer a deterrent. Joe Biden argues that Americans “need to stand up to the gun lobby” in the wake of the Texas shooting, but the gun lobby has nothing to do with these events either. The biggest gun lobby in the US is the American people standing in defense of their freedoms, and they have committed no crime.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sounds like the start of another manifesto !

• Haha

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The sad part is every time the President opens his mouth, he just confirms he is a moron.

"They said a .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out — may be able to get it and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body," Biden said.

First off, would anyone like to tell the President that the evil AR-15 is a .22 caliber rifle (.223 to be exact). So, I guess he just admitted that we are okay to keep the AR-15.

Secondly, out of all the gun shot wounds I have taken care of over the years, I never had any caliber of ammo blow the lung right out of the body. In full disclosure, I have never treated a 50 caliber wound and that might actually.

I have had shotguns make horrible messes out of people's skulls and have had the brain matter all over the place, but never a lung.

Sadly, once again the President shows how ignorant he truly is on the topic.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The sad part is every time the President opens his mouth, he just confirms he is a moron.

"They said a .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out — may be able to get it and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body," Biden said.

First off, would anyone like to tell the President that the evil AR-15 is a .22 caliber rifle (.223 to be exact). So, I guess he just admitted that we are okay to keep the AR-15.

Secondly, out of all the gun shot wounds I have taken care of over the years, I never had any caliber of ammo blow the lung right out of the body. In full disclosure, I have never treated a 50 caliber wound and that might actually.

I have had shotguns make horrible messes out of people's skulls and have had the brain matter all over the place, but never a lung.

I don’t mean to nitpick and I myself had bad grammar and spelling and love the edit button to go back and correct what I post sometimes as I fat finger a lot(otherwise great post 😉)

I think you forgot an ‘s’ (topics).

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
your comment just proved what the "manifesto" said

Clevus

Equipment
Ko Buddha
Oct 23, 2021
NW Michigan

I could not believe he said that, so I checked. Yep, he sure did. And more lies about the second amendment.
And I sat with a trauma doctor, and I asked him — I said, “What’s the difference? Why are so many people…” — and not that many more people were being shot. This is now 20 years ago, or 25 years. I said, “Why are they dying?” And they showed me x-rays. He said, “A .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out, may be able to get it, and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body.”

So the idea of these high-caliber weapons is of — there’s simply no rational basis for it in terms of thinking about self-protection, hunting. I mean, I just — and remember, the Constitution, the Second Amendment was never absolute. You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed. You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weapons.
9mm is considered a mouse gun by today’s standards.

I’ve dealt with a sucking chest wound, pneumothorax, hemothorax, and a plethora of injuries from gunshot wounds, but never seen or heard of a lung blown out of the body.

The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. The founding fathers were not afraid the deer would turn against us.

The Second Amendment is absolute. To quote the late Justice Scalia: “the Second Amendment says what it says, and doesn’t say what it doesn’t say.”

When the Second Amendment was written, you could buy and own a cannon. Hell, privateers could have a frigate with a bunch of cannons.

Biden isn’t just wrong, he is stupid as well

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Not a Manifesto by a long shot. Rather a simple recognition that those who endorse the wholesale disarming of American Citizens do so because they plan on doing things we would shoot them for.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Here in Canada we don't have the 2nd... so we'll have to bend over as they steal out protection from us....

Clevus

Equipment
Ko Buddha
Oct 23, 2021
NW Michigan
Here in Canada we don't have the 2nd... so we'll have to bend over as they steal out protection from us....
So, coming from one of those civilized countries that is not burdened with the right to keep and bear arms, what is your opinion on America’s Second Amendment?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
To some degree this has always been the case with presidents. As well as others who chose the same occupational path.

BUT it seems to be more rampant now. Major increase in this occurring since 2016... :ROFLMAO: but :cry: too...

• Haha

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Here's some interesting information presented by a medical doctor. Not political. More one is online they are less happy. Social media causes less socializing. 53% of gun deaths are suicide, not homicide. Last few years those who commit suicide choose to kill others in the process.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
" If people have to go through this level of screening to adopt a child and keep them safe, why isn't it a requirement to go through a similar process to keep guns out of hands of those who have ill intent and keep our children and citizens safe."

My wife and I just adopted a 2YO. Being familiar with legal (PA) gun purchases I can tell you that requirements for adoption really aren't all that different or more difficult. It does take longer to do all the paperwork, and it takes a court proceeding to finalize.

HOWEVER, I'm sure that some could question our mental health for wanting to do this at the age of 72:)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
" If people have to go through this level of screening to adopt a child and keep them safe, why isn't it a requirement to go through a similar process to keep guns out of hands of those who have ill intent and keep our children and citizens safe."

My wife and I just adopted a 2YO. Being familiar with legal (PA) gun purchases I can tell you that requirements for adoption really aren't all that different or more difficult. It does take longer to do all the paperwork, and it takes a court proceeding to finalize.

HOWEVER, I'm sure that some could question our mental health for wanting to do this at the age of 72:)
At 72yo I would be questioning your sanity too 😜😝🤪😜🤪😝🤪😜🤪😝

But if your fit, can handle it..... then I say go for it.

Congratulations 👍👍👍👍

Our youngest grandson is 16 months old. At 46yo, I swear we need a couple days to recuperate after we have him for the weekend. 😂🤣😂🤣 It's like trying to tame a tornado 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan

You are brave people! My 2yo is a handful 😁

Congratulations to you for the new addition to your family!