Great Bend Loader / Control Leak....help

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
I have recently started to look into a leak at the control valve assembly on an old Great Bend M-10 Loader.
The manual I have is not the same as far as the control valve I have.

It is currently and was leaking without any pressure, leaking less after the o-ring replacement.

If anyone sees any thing on the attached photos and can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I can also assume that parts are either scarce or non-existent for this product?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide......

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Bill, I think the only thing that allows a leak is the "0" rings at the end of the two spools. I think your picture designates them as SK= seal kit.

I suppose you could have a dinged spool that could cause a leak, but highly unlikely.

You can probably get any O ring needed at a hydraulic repair shop.

Those spool pieces are held in the valve body by the O rings, oil and a close tolerance fit. Once you have the caps off the one end of the spools and the handles off the other end, they can be pushed out either end.

I'd suggest removing the spools and replace all the O rings. There may be another seal that is kind of a dust cap. That may be the piece you show in one picture. You can get those at the hyd. repair shop also.

Apologize for not comprehending what you were saying. You have already replace the o rings!

Those torn pieces are no doubt helping to seal the valve. I'd still try a hyd. shop to see what they can come up with.

Last edited: