Greasing KX 57-4 Excavator

Tigersx40

Equipment
KX 57-4
Jun 15, 2018
Boone, North Carolina
I can’t discern which grease point I’m supposed to grease every day as far as the turn table is concerned. It has three grease fittings with pictures one on top of the other, but I’m not positive which one is which. Does anyone have a picture and translate it for me? Sorry that this sounds like a boneheaded question, but this thing is brand new an I want it to stay in tip top condition. Thanks

Midwest

Apr 4, 2018
Missouri
If memory serves me correct (I'd have to pull a manual to be sure) the bottom most of the 3 is the only 1 gets greased daily.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I can’t discern which grease point I’m supposed to grease every day as far as the turn table is concerned. It has three grease fittings with pictures one on top of the other, but I’m not positive which one is which. Does anyone have a picture and translate it for me? Sorry that this sounds like a boneheaded question, but this thing is brand new an I want it to stay in tip top condition. Thanks
What page in the Operators Manual are you looking at?
The platform piviot gear teeth are greased at 50 hs
The platform piviot bearings are greased at 250 hrs

Are you asking about Boom Piviot fulcrum pins?

Midwest

Apr 4, 2018
Missouri
The bottom zerk is actually for the back side of the boom swing cylinder, they say to do that 1 daily. Whitetiger is correct on the other 2.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If you want to keep it in good shape don't believe the myth that grease is grease. Get you some good grease like Amsoil with moly. Your machine will thank you for it.

You'll probably hear any grease is better than no grease which is true in some ways. But quality grease in the long run will save you money.

Last edited:

Tigersx40

Equipment
KX 57-4
Jun 15, 2018
Boone, North Carolina
Unfortunately the owners manual is MIA which is part of the problem. Lol. Thanks for the replies. I’ve searched the internet and maybe because I’m computer stupid, I just can’t find what picture matches each grease fitting. Thanks for the advice on the type of grease. Ill definitely put the good stuff in it. Thanks