Greased HST pedal, now its slow to return to center

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
My BX has 20 hours on it. So I greased it up, including the fitting for the HST pedal. Now when I remove my foot from the pedal, tractor doesn't stop as quick.

It seems like the grease is causing the pedal to return to neutral position more slowly.

The grease I used in the "red sticky" stuff, "made for tractors and equipment", I bought at tractor Supply.

Did I use the wrong type grease? Specs say its NLGI grade #2.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My BX has 20 hours on it. So I greased it up, including the fitting for the HST pedal. Now when I remove my foot from the pedal, tractor doesn't stop as quick.

It seems like the grease is causing the pedal to return to neutral position more slowly.

The grease I used in the "red sticky" stuff, "made for tractors and equipment", I bought at tractor Supply.

Did I use the wrong type grease? Specs say its NLGI grade #2.
I use the exact same grease - and it is some sticky stuff!!! ROCK the pedal back and forth a good deal - check the spring again - it will loosen back up over time!;):)

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Try using a hair dryer or heat gun to heat up the area while rocking the pedal back and forth.

That will thin the grease and allow it to flow to where it is needed and away from where it is not wanted.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I experienced the same thing with my tractor. Now it is almost a habit for me to lift the go pedal with my toe.