Grapples: Land Pride vs. Everything Attachments

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I selected mine based on the same intended uses that you list. I ended up with the LP SGC0660 with my L2501 rolled in upfront after much debate and advice here. My first test run was a big nasty 36"diameter red oak stump leftover from Hurricane Sandy. Dug it out and it handled the awkward mess easily. Didn't stop to take a pic actually doing it... View attachment 62713 .
I haven't gotten into firewood processing yet but am actually looking forward to it this year :cool:
I think your house sank! :unsure:

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Hey, sorry, I screwed up, I thought the " 54 " number seemed familiar, likely I looked at it before purchase, but the dealer sent me home with the 0660. I just went to looking on my phone and found pics from the day I brought it home. As a side note, and not that it make is ok, Ive working on getting rid of Lyme disease for about 5 years, its really hard on your memory, and allot of other things !

View attachment 62717
I can understand the root rake does not meet your needs. There are grapples designed for logging that have a different design. The LP and EA are very similar in design and function. I doubt the EA would have faired much better in your assessment and need. You might want to check out some logging grapples designed for that task.

Up_&_Running

Equipment
L2501H
Jul 3, 2021
Northwest Illinois
I can understand the root rake does not meet your needs. There are grapples designed for logging that have a different design. The LP and EA are very similar in design and function. I doubt the EA would have faired much better in your assessment and need. You might want to check out some logging grapples designed for that task.
Yes, agreed, I started looking about 2 weeks ago for something log specific, saw a guy on youtube using pretty much what I need, he's running a firewood business. I was attracted to the EA 55, because it has teeth, at the time that seemed like it was part of my problem, with hardwood crooked logs, it occurred to me that teeth might make a difference on holding onto a log.

FWIW, the root rake in midwestern hardwood forest, its pretty much useless. Ive been clearing forest floor for cattle to graze. The root rake really just does very little in my soil with my sapplings. Found it far more efficient to just Brush Hog the small stuff. When I bought it, part of the plan was to use it to clear Honeysuckle Amur, Mulitflora, and small Cedar bushes. Turns out the bucket is more effecient on all of those than the rake.

Tomorrow, Im going to buy pigs and plan to pen then off in small areas and let them " root " after I mow the stuff. Not sure if it will work, but the cost to find out is pretty modest.

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
Newaterman, would I be able to trouble you for a picture or two of how the plumbing is set up between your grapple and third function?
I can in a week when I get home. Shoot me a message next Thursday if you haven’t heard from me. Currently at sea until Wednesday.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have the LP as well and other than a bit of a learning curve I really like how it works and I do like the double cylinders vs the single

Andy L

Equipment
B2601
Feb 19, 2021
Gig Harbor, WA
I selected mine based on the same intended uses that you list. I ended up with the LP SGC0660 with my L2501 rolled in upfront after much debate and advice here. My first test run was a big nasty 36"diameter red oak stump leftover from Hurricane Sandy. Dug it out and it handled the awkward mess easily. Didn't stop to take a pic actually doing it...
I haven't gotten into firewood processing yet but am actually looking forward to it this year :cool:
That's impressive!