Grapple or retro fit?

gillfinn

Equipment
1990 Kubota L 2250
Mar 12, 2021
northfield mass.
Hello, I have a 1990 Kubota 2250 with a bucket and I'm thinking about getting one of those retro fit, bolt on "add-a-grapple" attachments and wonder if anyone's had experience adding one to an earlier tractor. Or, I wonder if I should just purchase a grapple bucket? I'd also like to get a backhoe for it at some point, but the bucket issue needs to be worked out first, I have a lot of brush work ahead of me. Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Since you have a pin on bucket adding a grapple to your existing bucket is probably a much easier and cheaper option than getting another bucket and retrofitting it to your mount.
Now if you wanted a huge upgrade, I would say get a SSQA adapter add a brush Grapple not a grapple bucket.
Do you already have the third function installed?

GrappleDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
New Kubota L2501
Mar 19, 2022
jackson NY
There are two problems with adding a thumb to your bucket, one being vision, you can't see through the bucket and two the bucket sides keep you from practically grabbing anything longer than the bucket with ease. I put short bolt on forks in the corners of my bucket to help but now that I have a regular grapple there is no comparison.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Get a tooth bar if you do get a bolt on grapple. Mount that before the grapple... you can grab plenty. This is a bolt on WR Long single lid; I like it because it's mounted higher (more space to fill). I tilted mine backwards a little to allow more of a bite...

I can still use the bucket as a bucket (my bucket is pin on) so swapping out was not really an option.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user