Grapple lite on the cheap-

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
So this coming summer it would be nice to have a grapple to clean up some of the brush piles that we have around the place. Problem; limited cash flow, must be fairly easy to assemble and mount, and dismount from the existing bucket on the bx23.
First job was to repurpose the boxblade scarifiers as grapple claws. Second was to make the claws as adjustable as they are on the box blade, and thirdly, install rear remotes and use one of them to operate the grapple. Also, the bucket tines must be usable with the grapple.
Here is the result. Havn't used it yet for anything productive, but so far it seems it will do what it is supposed to.

Attachments

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
Well that there is clever! I love the idea of using the scarifiers, and still having them available for the box when needed.
Good job!

Jerry

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
2 big thumbs up. That should do the trick.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looks really good!

Can I make one suggestion...

Make a grill guard to go with it! ;)

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
I see a problem, anytime you touch brush, it will steal your clips and you will be looking for pieces. I would replace the pins with bolts, not as quick, but less frustrating.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
I may have ticked off the weather gods by removing the snowblower in order to mount the FEL to see if everything worked and all the clearances were OK.
NIW, I do have a grill guard, it just isn't mounted yet, never saw the need for it, but now getting into brush it makes sense to put it on.
Boz, good comment on the clips, it had crossed my mind before and bolts with locknuts is probably the way to go.