grapple and third function

mpallen2011

Equipment
Kommander z125, MX4800
Mar 25, 2018
columbia South Carolina
Looking at a EA 60in grapple for my MX4800 but also been reading about LP but the price is almost 800 more. Trying to make the best decision but what I have read EA is the best

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
Re: grapple and thrid fuction

My EA has moved a lot of wood for me. No issues.

I went with the Kubota third function. I don't know if the kubota is better or not.

Twohats

Jan 12, 2019
Charlottesville Va

Im going to pick up my CID Root Grapple tomorrow. I can't wait to try it out I also had Kubota Dealer install my 3rd function and not sure who actually made it.

Danny

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

If LP is $800 more I would either ask the dealer to match EA or just get EA. IMO they are both great brands.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Well Kubota owns land pride now, so that partially explains the price difference. Kubota's kit is a land pride kit to the best of my knowledge. Have put several on. They work great and I've never had one back for a problem that wasn't either installer induced or end-user induced---both usually due to wiring. It's a good kit. If you have a backhoe on it, you'll have to get creative with the hoses as the instructions don't specifically tell you how to do it with a backhoe. They have the resources to re-print the instructions but for some reason they don't. Sometimes it's the little stuff like that, it just makes me shake my head and say to myself what are they thinking.

You will likely need to have 2 hoses made if you use the LP or Kubota kit, unless they finally got smart & are sending the correct length hoses. We have used the Kubota/LP 3rd function kit, with an Agrisource grapple-and they work excellent together.

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I got a EA 60” Wicked Grapple for my L3830GST and used the W.R.Long 3rd function kit from EA too. Kit was no problem at all to put on myself. I would recommend the hose saver they sell also, it will keep your hoses out of the way wether the grapple is on or off. You are going to love the grapple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk