Grand L4760 will i regret not going to 5460 or 6060.

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
Does anyone have any input on current pricing vs whether anyone is willing to discount?
Based on what I have seen in central N.C. dealers won't come down on the prices even when they have a ton of inventory on the lot. Since 2009 my family has purchased 5 pieces of equipment from the same dealer. My tractor was the 6th and most expensive but he would not throw in anything extra or come down on the price. I did beat him out of 2 hats and a shirt.

Reactions: 1 user

steveh

Equipment
Kubota L4701, forks, Land Pride rear blade, Wallenstein splitter
Dec 1, 2020
Rocky Mountains
I have bought three Kubotas over the years, same dealer but never any "negotiation" but as a repeat customer I did get a bit of a break on my most recent one [4701]. I didn't ask for it, he just muttered something about how he could give a bit for customer loyalty.

However, this last time I was able to pay cash, and he knocked off just about a thousand bucks for that. This was four years ago, don't now about now.

Xtra PSI

Equipment
BX2670, Z781kwti60, soon Grand L4760
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
Based on what I have seen in central N.C. dealers won't come down on the prices even when they have a ton of inventory on the lot. Since 2009 my family has purchased 5 pieces of equipment from the same dealer. My tractor was the 6th and most expensive but he would not throw in anything extra or come down on the price. I did beat him out of 2 hats and a shirt.
at least you got a little swag out of it LOL

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
I have bought three Kubotas over the years, same dealer but never any "negotiation" but as a repeat customer I did get a bit of a break on my most recent one [4701]. I didn't ask for it, he just muttered something about how he could give a bit for customer loyalty.

However, this last time I was able to pay cash, and he knocked off just about a thousand bucks for that. This was four years ago, don't now about now.
thanks for the input. i appreciate it!

603NorthCountry

Equipment
Kubota L4760 Cab,FEL, FEL Plow, Rake, Landplane, Tiller EA Box & grader
Dec 19, 2017
United States
I too am upgrading and would like to purchase a L4760. I am told by a local dealer that there is a backlog. I am told by a second it could be spring before I see one. Anybody seeing them available currently?

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I have the GL4060 and it pulls a 7’ Landpride land plane just fine, albeit depending on ripper depth. I also have the 7’ Landpride RBT3584 back blade and it handles that ok too. I have a 6’ tiller, for heavy clay soil I feel this is wide enough for me. I think with the 4760 you could do an 8’ back blade and 7’ tiller. I move snow with a 7’ HLA pusher.

The lift capacity of the LA805 is not enough IMO.

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I too am upgrading and would like to purchase a L4760. I am told by a local dealer that there is a backlog. I am told by a second it could be spring before I see one. Anybody seeing them available currently?
I live in central part of N.C. My local dealers 2ea. both have open station and cab model L4760 on the lot.

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
I have the GL4060 and it pulls a 7’ Landpride land plane just fine, albeit depending on ripper depth. I also have the 7’ Landpride RBT3584 back blade and it handles that ok too. I have a 6’ tiller, for heavy clay soil I feel this is wide enough for me. I think with the 4760 you could do an 8’ back blade and 7’ tiller. I move snow with a 7’ HLA pusher.

The lift capacity of the LA805 is not enough IMO.
thats why i wanted to go to the 47 so i could get the 1055 loader.

anomad

Equipment
YM2310D
Jun 10, 2021
Western North Carolina
I have a B2601 and have run a bunch of old tractors. I didn't realize how puny the B2601 would be when I got it. It's fantastic for many things. I love it for small jobs and it runs a 6 foot finish mower like a dog in heat. Might keep it after upgrading just for little jobs or getting into tight spots.

I'm looking at the MX series and M series. Also TYM 474 and 574 line, Kioti DK series tractors.

My local Kubota dealer has a lightly used M7060, open station, that might be inviting. It is to me. I don't haggle on price for equipment. Ask for a quote on all the stuff you want. And if they can't demonstrate your savings on that quote and charge you for full price for everything... Run away.

I've only gotten a couple quotes so far. Planning to buy this winter. Dealers are happy to say what they will cut profits on, shipping, extra add ons, labor etc... It is not like buying a car. I hate buying cars from dealers!

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
Check the specs on the models very carefully, especially the loaders. The 54/60s can take the LA1055 which means you can pivot a ton pallet. Why? The rest of the specs, especially tires and how much beet juice goes into them tell the tale. I have the L5460 and wouldn't go less. If you use a front snowblower, the power will be used, more the better. Engine wise, no real difference other than the turbo configuration. Bottom line, each model is different and has limitations at different points. My recommendation is to identify your needs and go 20% bigger because your needs will grow over time.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Does anyone have any input on current pricing vs whether anyone is willing to discount?
Not much negotiation from Kubota dealers these days (especially Zimmer).

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
A few months ago when I purchased my M7060 I received about a $4000.00 discount by paying cash instead of the zero percent interest option. If Kubota still has a 0% interest plan you may want to check for a cash discount. Cheers.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301. KX033-4
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
I have a L3560 cab and my buddy has a L6060 cab.
I've run the L3560 @ 200hrs and the L6060 @ 50.
I actually bought the 6060 spec'ed the way I wanted it, met the delivery driver at his place and handed them his check.
You're going to run out of traction long before power in most cases.
If you go up to the lowest hp that takes the bigger loader, you should be fine. That's what I'd do if I had to buy 1 to replace 2.
I have a mx5400 and prefer the front tire size on them but no issues with the smaller ones on the L.

The 5400 and 6060 "seem" to use almost 2x the fuel of the 3560.
90% of the time the 3560 is enough for the tasks at hand YMMV

Exlege

Equipment
About to decide
Feb 14, 2024
NY
I have a L3560 cab and my buddy has a L6060 cab.
I've run the L3560 @ 200hrs and the L6060 @ 50.
I actually bought the 6060 spec'ed the way I wanted it, met the delivery driver at his place and handed them his check.
You're going to run out of traction long before power in most cases.
If you go up to the lowest hp that takes the bigger loader, you should be fine. That's what I'd do if I had to buy 1 to replace 2.
I have a mx5400 and prefer the front tire size on them but no issues with the smaller ones on the L.

The 5400 and 6060 "seem" to use almost 2x the fuel of the 3560.
90% of the time the 3560 is enough for the tasks at hand YMMV
Thanks for this info. I am caught deciding between the MX and the L series so your feedback is helpful. I have hilly property and I will be a newbie tractor owner so I was wondering if you notice any difference in stability between the MX and the Grand Ls. From what I can see in the sales brochures the MX and the larger Grand Ls (54 & 60) have the same or very close dimensions. The MX is wider and longer than the smaller (35-47) Grand Ls. Any thoughts on stability differences? Besides the nicer transmission on the Grand Ls, the other differences in the cab models seem to be minor (again, I'm a newbie so LMK if I am missing something). Better fuel fill location, side windows that open, mid pto, stronger 3 point, are all nice features for the Grand L, but is is that much better than the MX? I am not planning to use the tractor for business (personal use only, mostly mowing a few fields but maintenance driveway and firewood work also) so I expect my hours in the seat will be on the lower side. As much as I like the Grand L features, I am having difficulty justifying the additional costs for my expected uses. This forum is extremely helpful and all of your input appreciated.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Thanks for this info. I am caught deciding between the MX and the L series so your feedback is helpful. I have hilly property and I will be a newbie tractor owner so I was wondering if you notice any difference in stability between the MX and the Grand Ls. From what I can see in the sales brochures the MX and the larger Grand Ls (54 & 60) have the same or very close dimensions. The MX is wider and longer than the smaller (35-47) Grand Ls. Any thoughts on stability differences? Besides the nicer transmission on the Grand Ls, the other differences in the cab models seem to be minor (again, I'm a newbie so LMK if I am missing something). Better fuel fill location, side windows that open, mid pto, stronger 3 point, are all nice features for the Grand L, but is is that much better than the MX? I am not planning to use the tractor for business (personal use only, mostly mowing a few fields but maintenance driveway and firewood work also) so I expect my hours in the seat will be on the lower side. As much as I like the Grand L features, I am having difficulty justifying the additional costs for my expected uses. This forum is extremely helpful and all of your input appreciated.
I cannot make a comparison, but I do have the MX6000 and it’s a very stable tractor. The wide and long stance make a big difference over my old b series sized tractor. The larger front wheels also smooth out the ride and add a perception of stability also. Mine has all the features and simplicity I need and like. I do recommend ordering with remotes and other accessories when you buy it if those are something you want.

Reactions: 1 users