Grand L4760 will i regret not going to 5460 or 6060.

Xtra PSI

Equipment
BX2670, Z781kwti60, soon Grand L4760
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
Hi newbie here. I currently have a BX2670 with the LA340, drive over deck and bagger system with a piranha tooth bar. It just doesnt have the lifting capacity.

after much consideration i feel like the Grand L4760HTC is what im thinking. i have several questions from those that "know" such as.....

1.difference between the 2 3rd function valve listings.... L2265 and L2272... i dont know what the difference is between them?
2.is the HD bucket and tooth bar worth it or just get the regular square back?

seems like theres no willingness to discount at all? should i be expecting to pay full retail? Im in the auto business and sometimes supply and demand causes no discounts but wasnt sure if i should be expecting it or not.

thanks for ANY HELP or INPUT on this i would really appreciate it!!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day. First happy shopping…second thread title suggested looking for input of several models? I think if wanting more specific suggestion for model comparison, description how want to use (scope of task) it might help some suggestion or comments. In general from BX to a large L is a very significant difference. There is nothing wrong with that but that’s really big change if your uses have not changed. Current machine either undersized or use changed? Regret may come depending on how much machine you need or looking to buy from your tasks…from description I could not understand the change point or tasks…any of those three will lift way more than a BX if that is the goal….but how much margin is depending your expectation…if replacing BX or adding a second machine sort of apples and oranges. Just my thoughts. Welcome, happy shopping and good luck. Any of the three will look good next to the Christmas tree. 🥃

Reactions: 1 user

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
The third function kits one is just third function, one is add on kit if you have the hydraulic ssqa, and one has both. So there are actually 3 kits. As far as power, 47 is really nice the 54-60 would only be justified if u need the additional pto power above 6’ implements.

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
What are you planning on doing with it?

Do make sure you get the upgraded loader. It's significantly more powerful of the two.

Have you also considered the MX?

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
Good day. First happy shopping…second thread title suggested looking for input of several models? I think if wanting more specific suggestion for model comparison, description how want to use (scope of task) it might help some suggestion or comments. In general from BX to a large L is a very significant difference. There is nothing wrong with that but that’s really big change if your uses have not changed. Current machine either undersized or use changed? Regret may come depending on how much machine you need or looking to buy from your tasks…from description I could not understand the change point or tasks…any of those three will lift way more than a BX if that is the goal….but how much margin is depending your expectation…if replacing BX or adding a second machine sort of apples and oranges. Just my thoughts. Welcome, happy shopping and good luck. Any of the three will look good next to the Christmas tree. 🥃
BX just doesnt lift enough. also wanting a machine that can grade better. has more weight to pull implements. im thinking i dont need the 54 or 60 unless i was running very power hungry mowers or something of that nature which i wont do. thanks for the input i appreciate it.

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
The third function kits one is just third function, one is add on kit if you have the hydraulic ssqa, and one has both. So there are actually 3 kits. As far as power, 47 is really nice the 54-60 would only be justified if u need the additional pto power above 6’ implements.
that is really helpful thank you!! i suspected that would be the main difference is the extra PTO power for big implements. the 54 and 60 are slightly larger too not that it would matter that much.

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
What are you planning on doing with it?

Do make sure you get the upgraded loader. It's significantly more powerful of the two.

Have you also considered the MX?
I did start to look at the MX. mostly it will be moving dirt and gravel around the property and grading the driveway but as we all know you use the loader for so many tasks once you have it LOL..... i definitely plan on getting the LA1055 instead of the 805.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The extra HP won't be all that noticeable in most tasks, unless you're driving something from the PTO. Snowblower, mower, chipper I guess. I doubt you'll notice coming from a BX. But, buy once cry once....the 54 could be nice. What's the price difference?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I did start to look at the MX. mostly it will be moving dirt and gravel around the property and grading the driveway but as we all know you use the loader for so many tasks once you have it LOL..... i definitely plan on getting the LA1055 instead of the 805.
I encourage you to look at the MX with the 1055 loader. It has all of the necessary basics, and is cheaper than the grand Ls. I also like the category 2 hitch because it permits the use of heavy rear blade implements for doing serious blade work.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I will say this.....As much as I love my Kubota, their website sucks.

As a " Tractor'n " noob, I try to follow threads like these by going to the website and doing comparisons, just for "kicks and giggles"

But I find it nearly impossible to navigate their site very well most of the time.

If I was going to upgrade my L, I think I would be looking at an MX, but alas, again I can't get the damn website to load any of the models properly........

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
The extra HP won't be all that noticeable in most tasks, unless you're driving something from the PTO. Snowblower, mower, chipper I guess. I doubt you'll notice coming from a BX. But, buy once cry once....the 54 could be nice. What's the price difference?
the price difference is about 2500 from what i can tell. it was about a 4k jump from the 4060 to the 4760 but going from the LA805 loader to the LA1055 loader and the extra power seemed worth it. the 5460 and 6060 are both marginally larger as well and if the lifting capacity wasnt more in the 54 and 60 i figured the 4760 made the most sense. but i always appreciate others opinions as maybe we skip things when we look for ourselves. or we just convince ourselves LOL. thanks for the input.

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
I encourage you to look at the MX with the 1055 loader. It has all of the necessary basics, and is cheaper than the grand Ls. I also like the category 2 hitch because it permits the use of heavy rear blade implements for doing serious blade work.
i see that i would have to go to the grand L 5460 or 6060 to use the cat 2 stuff. thats a very valid point and i think i will look at that a bit further. i know i read somewhere that the grand L's have more 3 point weight capacity because of the extra cylinders or the placement of the cylinder in the rear. thanks for pointing this out its worth a look for certain.

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
I will say this.....As much as I love my Kubota, their website sucks.

As a " Tractor'n " noob, I try to follow threads like these by going to the website and doing comparisons, just for "kicks and giggles"

But I find it nearly impossible to navigate their site very well most of the time.

If I was going to upgrade my L, I think I would be looking at an MX, but alas, again I can't get the damn website to load any of the models properly........
The website could definitely use some polishing for certain LOL... i can imagine its a monumental task with all the different options and equipment but it sure leaves one to desire a better option lol. i have scoured the brochures as well as they are helpful too.

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I am very satisfied with my L4760 and its capabilities. I have all Cat 1 equipment the biggest being a 6" bush hog. It has plenty of power for my mower.
I also like that the engine is not turbo charged.
The rear lift capacity is higher because two external lift cylinders are used.
Regardless of what you end up buying, Load the tires, add wheel weights, and have a large amount of ballast on the 3 point. The 1055 loader is very strong.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
i see that i would have to go to the grand L 5460 or 6060 to use the cat 2 stuff. thats a very valid point and i think i will look at that a bit further. i know i read somewhere that the grand L's have more 3 point weight capacity because of the extra cylinders or the placement of the cylinder in the rear. thanks for pointing this out its worth a look for certain.
I believe that the L6060 has a few hundred more pounds lift on the 3ph, but for most uses, it’s negligible. Both of them will lift more weight than most category 2 implements weigh. I have a mix of Cat 1 and 2 implements: the cat 1 implements work just fine with $10 bushings, but I do love the cat 2 blade I run because it’s heavy enough to do serious work.

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
I am very satisfied with my L4760 and its capabilities. I have all Cat 1 equipment the biggest being a 6" bush hog. It has plenty of power for my mower.
I also like that the engine is not turbo charged.
The rear lift capacity is higher because two external lift cylinders are used.
Regardless of what you end up buying, Load the tires, add wheel weights, and have a large amount of ballast on the 3 point. The 1055 loader is very strong.
thanks for the input. that gives me more confidence that i wont be sorry if i do the 4760

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
I believe that the L6060 has a few hundred more pounds lift on the 3ph, but for most uses, it’s negligible. Both of them will lift more weight than most category 2 implements weigh. I have a mix of Cat 1 and 2 implements: the cat 1 implements work just fine with $10 bushings, but I do love the cat 2 blade I run because it’s heavy enough to do serious work.
I assume that what your describing is the same effect of the extra weight of a larger machine to accomplish tasks that the lighter smaller equipment just cant do well. such as trying to scoop dirt out of a pile with the BX2670 despite having the tooth bar it just doesnt have enough umph to do it without a fight. very good info!

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I assume that what your describing is the same effect of the extra weight of a larger machine to accomplish tasks that the lighter smaller equipment just cant do well. such as trying to scoop dirt out of a pile with the BX2670 despite having the tooth bar it just doesnt have enough umph to do it without a fight. very good info!
In my case, I’m talking about a rear blade. All of the cat 1 blades I’m familiar with are 5-600# and really don’t cut into a hard road surface or hard ground very well. When you move up to a cat 2 blade, you get into the 1000# blades that will actually cut and not bounce around on hard ground. But you will pay $1000 more for a nice cat 2 blade.

Xtra PSI

Equipment
Nov 30, 2023
Hamilton Ohio
In my case, I’m talking about a rear blade. All of the cat 1 blades I’m familiar with are 5-600# and really don’t cut into a hard road surface or hard ground very well. When you move up to a cat 2 blade, you get into the 1000# blades that will actually cut and not bounce around on hard ground. But you will pay $1000 more for a nice cat 2 blade.
Seems as if the extra weight is always a plus when trying to move material for certain