Grand L3010

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Hello all,
I am in the process of building a cab on my L3010. As many, looking for info to where to tap in for an auxiliary heater for the cab. I have read some posts here, but thought i'd post for my specific model, in hopes someone has done it to theirs, and can give me some pictures and comments on how it went? I like many am looking at the bypass hose at the thermostat housing, but not sure if it's the best option. Plan is to mount the heater to the roof, mainly due to I don't have room lower. Seems any heater I find is a bit too large.

Attachments

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Here's some info you may find useful. Post 13 is how mine hooked up in an L3200:

Reactions: 1 user

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Here's some info you may find useful. Post 13 is how mine hooked up in an L3200:

That is I think the exact way I was wondering /thinking i could hook it up. Off one port to the heater, and back to the other one. Funny too, I was thinking the exact idea about the T's and valves so I can bypass it in the summer to stop flow to the cab which may create heat. Do you remember what size hose (inside diameter) you had to use? Nice compact heater too, i like that. Will have to search if I can get one here in Canada as i'm assuming exchange and shipping would put the price up there. Thanks for the info btw

chim

Equipment
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Cost was only around $150 for the heater. and it was a snap to get into the lines at the t-stat bypass. There is a small rubber hose 90 degree bypass fitting with a 5/8" connection on the end that connects just below the radiator hose. The end that goes down and connects to the engine was smaller.

It worked well to leave the 90 connected to the block and spin it around and use a double ended 5/8" coupling for the one hose to the heater. The other 5/8" heater hose is connected to where the 90 was disconnected. The bypass is important.

Google "AH454 heater" if you want to see who sells them in your area. Here's one:

Reactions: 1 user

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Cost was only around $150 for the heater. and it was a snap to get into the lines at the t-stat bypass. There is a small rubber hose 90 degree bypass fitting with a 5/8" connection on the end that connects just below the radiator hose. The end that goes down and connects to the engine was smaller.

It worked well to leave the 90 connected to the block and spin it around and use a double ended 5/8" coupling for the one hose to the heater. The other 5/8" heater hose is connected to where the 90 was disconnected. The bypass is important.

Google "AH454 heater" if you want to see who sells them in your area. Here's one:

Gotch ya! Was already searching the heater. Found on Ebay for $152, exchange and shipping will add quite a bit more which isn't a huge deal, just waiting for the shipping would be a pain. Thanks again!

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
May be a dumb thought, but has anyone ever used PEX for the lines inside the cab, instead of heater hose? Ben reading some of the post regarding hoses leaking and possibly burning ppl, so wonder if PEX wold be a better choice?

chim

Equipment
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
When I saw a post bout the potential for a 200+ degree bath, I changed the hoses inside my cab to copper lines. Regardless how unlikely that would be, I just felt it necessary to be cautious.

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Gotch ya! Was already searching the heater. Found on Ebay for $152, exchange and shipping will add quite a bit more which isn't a huge deal, just waiting for the shipping would be a pain. Thanks again!
When I saw a post bout the potential for a 200+ degree bath, I changed the hoses inside my cab to copper lines. Regardless how unlikely that would be, I just felt it necessary to be cautious.
Hope you don't mind Chim, but i sent you a PM

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Hope you don't mind Chim, but i sent you a PM

Don't know if anyone even cares to see it but i'll post it in case anyone is thinking of doing a cab. Made many mistakes, some that I will need to correct (placement of my aux hook ups) see a lot i would've done differently, made some bad cuts, bad decisions, but when the wind is blowing -30 wind chill across my field ,snow 2 feet deep, and i'm plowing in my underwear , it will all be forgotten and i'll be super happy!

Starting out I thought wow, I'm going to be able to do this incredibly cheap, but the windows and heater got a hold of my wallet and took a good chunk as they were pricy. May have been able to do the window installs myself, but sometimes I find i'm better off getting someone to do things I don't know how to do, especially when I want a good job. Plywood wasn't that cheap either.

Used 1/2 plywood, finally added a fuse block powered from the battery using 10 gauge. All wiring inside split loom and connections soldered and taped. Followed the advice of Chim for hooking my heater lines at the thermostat housing (5/8 line) and put a bypass and shut offs in the loop. Didn't care to do a roof mount heater, but that's one of the mistakes I made, I didn't build wide enough to put in waste height. Was concerned as Chim pointed out about what if a line leaked, so rather than no protection at all , I put split loom over the heater hose and faced the split away from the driver in hopes that would protect some . Front glass is windshield grade, side windows are plexiglass and back window is marguard.
Having a bit of a time getting the proper amount of sweep for wipers , so experimented with the back one. Took a mazda 3 wiper , cut 3 teeth off the gears inside and made the sweep go the distance I needed. Accidentally damaged the teeth on the wiper motor for the front when cutting some off, so looking for another motor. Have a few things to do yet, but I can plow snow if it comes in comfort . Should've done this 10 years ago

Attachments

Last edited: