Grand L Cab Relectix Roof Liner

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
I have a 2019 L6060HSTC and on hot summer days my AC struggles to keep the cab cool. I regularly blow out and wash the radiator and condenser fins and make sure my cabin external air filter and internal air filters are clean. I plan on tinting my windows eventually, but right now I have the roof removed and I'm preparing to install Reflectix foil insulation on the underside of the roof. My question for those who have done this or are familiar with the process is how much do I cover? I know I have to leave it open in the rear where the fan is, but did you glue the reflective foil to the whole underside of the roof, or just the area above the cab? Did you cover the evaporator cover and refrigerant lines? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Never heard of this but I did see somebody over on TBN that had their glass tinted on Grand L.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If you are looking for insulation properties the more coverage the better IMHO. No sense insulating your house if you leave all the doors and windows open all the time.

If you are after sound deadening then it's not as critical as you are trying to control resonance.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
I did the same, but I never waited to see if it was needing it before install.

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
I did the same, but I never waited to see if it was needing it before install.
My cab got warm after being in the sun all day, so I needed something. I don’t see how it could hurt. The cab also seems a little quieter after the insulation, not as much echo. Once I get the windows tinted, I’m hoping it will be good.

Reactions: 1 user

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Not knowing your machine but being an old A/C guy, I'd find out the air flow pattern on the warm air side, i.e Return. Looking at the pic of the fan wheel intake you don't want to decrease any space where that fan gets air from. Before insulating under there.
Just a thought how about painting the outside of the roof panel white or silver to reflect heat it may help.

Reactions: 1 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
What did you use and any pics of what you did? Sounds like a good idea while the top is off putting the lights on.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Not knowing your machine but being an old A/C guy, I'd find out the air flow pattern on the warm air side, i.e Return. Looking at the pic of the fan wheel intake you don't want to decrease any space where that fan gets air from. Before insulating under there.
Just a thought how about painting the outside of the roof panel white or silver to reflect heat it may help.
Very good suggestion. The oem headliner touches the roof in the center as it is. The additional insulation will cause more squeeze when reattaching the roof . Most of the recirculation air comes directly through the headliner to the roof opening(a triangular path). The roof itself is a hollow encapsulation(which is what space you are referring to. Unless these two areas are packed with foam there should not be a problem.
The encapsulated design, is the reason a crack in the roof makes the cab vulnerable to dust.

Last edited: