Grand L 3130 will only start with shuttle in gear

benelli_t

Feb 17, 2009
Louisiana
Hello everyone! Merry Christmas!

Recently my battery died on my 3130. Once I replaced it, I could not get it to start. Spent hours runing down voltages with my multi meter and all was ok. Just so happened, I moved the shuttle to forward and hit the key... bingo, started up fine. I then noticed, keeping the GST in neutral and moving the shuttle to forward or reverse, the display stays in neutral. It will not show forward or reverse. Only nuetral. However, once the GST is moved, it will show which gear I am in and moves fine. Sounds like a broken wire or sensor to me. Can anyone put a hound dog on the right road for diagnosing this issue?

Thanks!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Somewhere on the shuttle linkage it should have a safety switch. I'm just guessing but I would say it's out of adjustment. I imagine it's under the dash but I don't know that for a fact.

My L3000 did about the same thing accept it was on the high/low shifter. It wouldn't crank in nuetral, I had to move it to the high range side before it would start. Some of the switches are so sensitive that a 32nd" will keep them from working correctly.

Maybe you'll get lucky and that's all it will be on your's.

benelli_t

Feb 17, 2009
Louisiana
Thanks Bulldog! I didnt know that. I will try to figure out where its located under the dash. Hopefully thats the problem. Come to think of it now, sometimes I had to move the shuttle shifter a little when it was in neutral to make it start every once in a while.

Merry christmas buddy

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Benelli t, like I said I'm just guessing but that would make sense to me. Hopefully you will have a easy fix on your hands and it'll be ready to run.

Hope you and family have a great holiday season as well.

benelli_t

Feb 17, 2009
Louisiana
I started pulling panels off to look for this linkage on the saftey switch. I found the shuttle switch but all looks good on the linkage. It will not even start with the shuttle in gear now. Nothing I do will crank it now. Any one have any suggestions on how I can test the switch to make sure I am replacing the correct part? Not really sure how to get the switch out of that tiny hole as well..lol I think it is this part number TD060-42772

benelli_t

Feb 17, 2009
Louisiana
Just wanted to update this thread with my diagonsis so it can benefit someone else. This issue was isolated to a faulty shuttle shift switch. Finally got around to replacing it today. All is working great now.

Thank you Bull dog... you put me on the right path!