Grader Blade Skid Shoes / Skis?

sgraber

Jan 24, 2016
US
Hi, I have a BX1870 with a 5' wide grader blade on the 3-point hitch and I was wondering what kind of skid shoes / skid skis people have on their blades? I'd like to find shoes that bolt on to the blade, if possible. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

MaineTom

Dec 22, 2014
China, Maine, USA
Do you want shoes because you don't want to dig into soft ground when moving snow? Just take a piece of 2" PVC pipe and cut it lengthwise, slip it over the cutting edge and you will be all set for a while...don't use it on pavement or much below 32degrees. I do this with my FEL.

Attachments

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
If you are using the blade on gravel or other non paved area, consider what I do when clearing snow on a lawn in the yard in Wisconsin snows. It works amazingly well. Used on a BX.

Just reverse the blade. I do that clearing, without turning the blade by just backing up. May give a crook in the neck if done a lot.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
If you are using the blade on gravel or other non paved area, consider what I do when clearing snow on a lawn in the yard in Wisconsin snows. It works amazingly well. Used on a BX.

Just reverse the blade. I do that clearing, without turning the blade by just backing up. May give a crook in the neck if done a lot.
Another nice thing about using the blade reversed, if you build up a layer of packed snow/ ice you can still use the cutting edge without adjusting shoes or removing a pipe.