gr2120 deck lift lever replacement

tommyb

Sep 12, 2015
Wallingford, CT.
Hi all,

So, went to replace the hydro deck lift lever today. (Bought the mower used, the lever's bent so it hits the deck engage lever).

It's keyed and could be easily replaced if the fender had an opening to do so, but, looks like you have to remove the whole fender (seat and all) to move the lever back far enough to match the lever rod's keyway to slide it out. Am I missing something???

Help and guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks!
tommy

tommyb

Sep 12, 2015
Wallingford, CT.
Hi all,

So, went to replace the hydro deck lift lever today. (Bought the mower used, the lever's bent so it hits the deck engage lever).

It's keyed and could be easily replaced if the fender had an opening to do so, but, looks like you have to remove the whole fender (seat and all) to move the lever back far enough to match the lever rod's keyway to slide it out. Am I missing something???

Help and guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks!
tommy
Update:
Picked up the WSM for the GR2120 from the dealer.
Started the project to replace the hyd lever today.

Have the fender all lose and ready to remove except for 2 seemingly simple things:
1. The mower height setting knob, this appears to be pressed on but does not budge with some pretty hard pull force, I don't want to break it. Any ideas how to do it? :confused:

2. The PTO knob/handle, is it glued on? Any hints how to remove it? :confused:

Any trade secrets will be kept on the down low...lol

So far I have to order 15 new plastic fasteners that hold down the floor mat, I see another Messicks order in my near future.
I'll try and post some pics soon.

TIA!

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
On mine it looks like the hydraulic up and down lever would drop right down thru the console once loosened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
And the yellow pto mower engage lever would come up thru console once bolts were removed. It would be nice to see a pic of the bent lever.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Try to apply heat from a blow dryer or heat gun (no flame) to plastic knob then try to pull them off. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tommyb

Sep 12, 2015
Wallingford, CT.
Thanks for the suggestions all, got the bota finished up this afternoon. Next weekend I hope to pickup the snowblower. Some shots of the gr apart.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tommyb

Sep 12, 2015
Wallingford, CT.
So, the top pic. shows the bent lever next to the new one.
You can really clean everything up once the seat pan is removed. :D

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
It's too bad you had to go to all that work just to change a lever but it's cool to see it all apart hope everything goes well.

tommyb

Sep 12, 2015
Wallingford, CT.
It's too bad you had to go to all that work just to change a lever but it's cool to see it all apart hope everything goes well.

Thanks OBKubota. I know, right, that's why the dealer didn't fix it...lol.

Well, I learned a little and was able to inspect and clean everything, so it wasn't that bad. Now it's better than new.