Gr2100 not cutting

goslowlowe

Equipment
Gr 2100
Sep 30, 2011
Yorktown
Several,things happening but the worst is that the mower bogs down to almost no rpm's and blades are barely turning . But on backing up quickly they suddenly start cutting closer to normal speed and do ok for a minute maybe.Not always happpening on thick grass.
Checked my hst fluid and was not able to see any on the dipstick . Put in a quart or 2 and it filled up but a lot overflowed where I couldn't see it under the funnel.now appears close to or a little above full level. But still has no cutting power. All this after some major bucks on a new gearbox this month.( the old one was rebuilt by the dealer 3 years ago and was locked up )
Help me out guys , where to start . Transmission? Motor ? Fuel filters ?

Last edited:

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
Same thing happened to me. I found a leak. I just posted a thread tonight about this tonight and now found two others with the same issue.

I serviced my GR2100 for the start of mowing season. The hydraulic fluid was low so I topped it off. A week later, when I went to mow, I noticed fluid on the floor. I assumed that I overfilled a little. I also did not use a funnel when I topped and spilled a bit. This tractor had the transmission seal update long ago. As I mowed, I noticed the the blades would bog down. I checked the fluid again and it was low. Added, Repeat. Then I saw the transmission was wet with fluid. Yikes.

I cleaned everything up with an air gun and rags. Filled and ran it. The fluid pooled on top of the hydrostatic pump, near the oil fill tube. I changed the tube o-rings and same thing. So I began to tear it down. It turns out the problem was the drain hose off the control pump. It's low pressure but apparently enough to leak like a sieve when the hose got hard from age. It's part number 10 in this photo.

drain hose.JPG

I changed the hydraulic fluid while I had it apart. There was definitely clutch material in the fluid so now I am worried about the PTO clutch. Kubota lists a PTO clutch kit (K1253-94022). I am curious if anyone knows if this is the parts to rebuild the clutch or a drop in replacement? It looks like the clutch can be replaced without cracking the transmission.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Same thing happened to me. I found a leak. I just posted a thread tonight about this tonight and now found two others with the same issue.

I serviced my GR2100 for the start of mowing season. The hydraulic fluid was low so I topped it off. A week later, when I went to mow, I noticed fluid on the floor. I assumed that I overfilled a little. I also did not use a funnel when I topped and spilled a bit. This tractor had the transmission seal update long ago. As I mowed, I noticed the the blades would bog down. I checked the fluid again and it was low. Added, Repeat. Then I saw the transmission was wet with fluid. Yikes.

I cleaned everything up with an air gun and rags. Filled and ran it. The fluid pooled on top of the hydrostatic pump, near the oil fill tube. I changed the tube o-rings and same thing. So I began to tear it down. It turns out the problem was the drain hose off the control pump. It's low pressure but apparently enough to leak like a sieve when the hose got hard from age. It's part number 10 in this photo.

View attachment 30574

I changed the hydraulic fluid while I had it apart. There was definitely clutch material in the fluid so now I am worried about the PTO clutch. Kubota lists a PTO clutch kit (K1253-94022). I am curious if anyone knows if this is the parts to rebuild the clutch or a drop in replacement? It looks like the clutch can be replaced without cracking the transmission.
IIRC, The clutch itself can be replaced without opening the transmission IF you're real careful, however, you still have to remove the transaxle assembly. I said if you're careful, because there's a gear that has a tendency to drop out when you pull the clutch out of the case. The kit comes with instructions on how to do it.

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
IIRC, The clutch itself can be replaced without opening the transmission IF you're real careful, however, you still have to remove the transaxle assembly. I said if you're careful, because there's a gear that has a tendency to drop out when you pull the clutch out of the case. The kit comes with instructions on how to do it.
Thank you.