Got my L3901 delivered today!

mic214

Equipment
Kubota LX2610 W/cab brushhog, box blade & pallet forks
May 11, 2014
Colorado
After a year or so of trying to figure out exactly what tractor to get, I finally pulled the trigger on an L3901 HST. It just got delivered today:

I got a 5 foot Bush hog with it. As the primary task will be mowing, we swapped out the backhoe for the bush hog:

In addition to the HST, I got the QA front bucket, 4x4, cruise control, loaded rear tires and the third function for when I get a grapple down the road.

Last edited:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Congratulations! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. It is a great tractor with an excellent dependability record. You can expect the first regen to occur between 15-30 hours.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
I'm still trying to decide if I want to trade my B3300 for the L3901. I'd really like a L4701 but I'd have to upgrade the backhoe as well while with a 3901 I'd be able to keep my BH77.

I'm just not sure if there will be ENOUGH of an improvement in capability to make the swap to a 3901 worth it.
Anyway, congrats on your shiny new orange equipment. Now get out there and put some scratches on it.

mic214

Equipment
May 11, 2014
Colorado
Welcome to the club, I think you will really like your L3901.

What sized bucket did you get with your backhoe?
Thanks!

The bucket is a 12” with a mechanical thumb…

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Congregations. All that new orange is a great picture.
When I was trying to decide which model was the one that would serve me the best. I finally decided on the L3800 which today is the L3910 I believe. A great size tractor. With the rops down I can drive into my daylight basement and get into tight places. Is bigger better ? I think finding the right size is really hard for the homeowner/farmer but the 38hp tractor is capable size for most that have a few acres of land to upkeep. And it looks like you got all the bells and whistles.

LwhiteAH64

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525, LP RCF2060, LP BB1260, Yanmar 220 Diesel w/KK 60 Rotary Cutter
Jul 16, 2018
Dade City, Fl
Congrats!! My 3901DT arrived as well. No bucket though. Already put about 5 hours on it bush hogging and playing.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congrats on your new equipment, very nice setup.

mic214

Equipment
May 11, 2014
Colorado
Congrats on your new equipment, very nice setup.
Thanks!

I did a lot of research before I ordered my tractor. My final order was based on advice and information from this forum and, of course, YouTube videos.

Here are the full specs for my rig:

HST
4x4
QA FEL
Backhoe with mechanical thumb
5 foot bush hog
Canopy
Cruise control
Third function valve (For a grapple down the road!)
Rear tires set wide and filled for ballast

We are finally getting some rain here, so my first task will be mowing soon***8230;:)

Last edited:

Popeyecop

Equipment
L175, L3901
Sep 14, 2017
Chester, IL
That's an awesome set up. I was wondering about the grapple set up. I have a lot of brush/ Russian olive to clear out and hoping your set up like it is would be what i needed.
Thanks!

I did a lot of research before I ordered my tractor. My final order was based on advice and information from this forum and, of course, YouTube videos.

Here are the full specs for my rig:

HST
4x4
QA FEL
Backhoe with mechanical thumb
5 foot bush hog
Canopy
Cruise control
Third function valve (For a grapple down the road!)
Rear tires set wide and filled for ballast

We are finally getting some rain here, so my first task will be mowing soon***8230;:)

mic214

Equipment
May 11, 2014
Colorado
That's an awesome set up. I was wondering about the grapple set up. I have a lot of brush/ Russian olive to clear out and hoping your set up like it is would be what i needed.
Thanks!

I have a few areas of heavy brush to clear out around our property, so my next addition for the tractor will be a Piranha Tooth Bar for the FEL. We run a Bobcat at work and have several attachments for it. My boss has graciously offered me the use of his grapple and pallets forks, so that should make the brush clearing work a lot easier.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
One area of concern for me is the hydro filter and lines for the FEL that is located under the right hand foot platform. And also the 2 brake rods that go from the pedals to the rear axle. They seem very vunerabe to damage from bigger sticks and such, especially the hydro items. It is one of the main reasons I haven't upgraded; my 3300 doesn't have near the vunerability in this regard.

Has anyone had issues with these items? On more than one occasion, I've had to stop and pull sticks out from the bottom of my B3300 that would have caused damage to the items I'm referring to on the L3901. And don't tell me I'm using my machine beyond it's intended use, most of us use them to clear brush, even the OP stated he intends to buy a grapple. I'm not putting down the L3901 and the OP has a beautiful setup, I'm just trying to decide if I want the same.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
One area of concern for me is the hydro filter and lines for the FEL that is located under the right hand foot platform. And also the 2 brake rods that go from the pedals to the rear axle. They seem very vulnerable to damage from bigger sticks and such, especially the hydro items. It is one of the main reasons I haven't upgraded; my 3300 doesn't have near the vulnerabilities in this regard.
I have a L3901DT and use it in the woods a lot. You just have to remember that these are farm tractors and not really designed for what most of us use them for.

I have had two things happen to me and one of them wasn't in the woods. Not too long after I got the tractor, somehow I pulled the oil sending unit wire off. Then last year I was doing some grading where I had some fill put and ran over a 6"x6", it was just long enough that when the front tire ran over it, that cause the 6"x6" to catch the left bracket that holds the floor up. It took a little work to get it bent back into place.

I haven't had any problems with the hydraulic lines or filter.