Good inexpensive grease gun?

Bruh44

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 29, 2023
North Carolina
Just broke my cheapo eBay grease gun. When I do a google search, all I get is Amazon advertisements. I don’t need a powered grease gun. Just a regular one that will last. Any suggestions?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
You can try Harbor Freight. I've found their grease gun adequate. If they consider it a hand tool it will even have a lifetime warranty.

Reactions: 1 user

Kubie L3400D

Equipment
L3400DT 4WD, SSQA, Bobcat T190, Flail mower, Brushhog, Brushshark, Ratchet rake
Jun 29, 2022
FredNeck Acres, Tejas
Having an L3400D, a Bobcat T190, and various implements, I upped my game, bit the bullet, and bought a 20v DeWalt grease gun to go along with my other 20v DeWalt tools (impacts, saws, drills, etc).

Well worth the investment thus far and makes the job a whole lot easier.

Also picked up a tip kit similar to this which adds to the ease.
Inwell Grease Gun Coupler (Upgraded 14,000 PSI) with Quick Release, Locks onto Zerk Fittings, Compatible with All Grease Guns 1/8" NPT Threads (1 PC) https://a.co/d/6UJfn9Z

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Having an L3400D, a Bobcat T190, and various implements, I upped my game, bit the bullet, and bought a 20v DeWalt grease gun to go along with my other 20v DeWalt tools (impacts, saws, drills, etc).

Well worth the investment thus far and makes the job a whole lot easier.

Also picked up a tip kit similar to this which adds to the ease.
Inwell Grease Gun Coupler (Upgraded 14,000 PSI) with Quick Release, Locks onto Zerk Fittings, Compatible with All Grease Guns 1/8" NPT Threads (1 PC) https://a.co/d/6UJfn9Z
Another + for the DeWalt 20V!

Reactions: 2 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Just broke my cheapo eBay grease gun. When I do a google search, all I get is Amazon advertisements. I don’t need a powered grease gun. Just a regular one that will last. Any suggestions?
I don't believe that there is such a thing.

Cheap guns do not hold up to routine usage.

Thirty years ago, I bought a good one from JD. Don't know who made it but I'm still using it.

No, it was not cheap at the time.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've had a DeWalt 20V for a few years but actually prefer the NAPA "pistol grip" style that I bought almost 10 years ago in Sandpoint, ID. I drove my Jeep from the docks in Seattle back to Kalispell, MT in April of 2014 and the front driveshaft CV joint was "chirping". I knew exactly what I had to do, so one grease gun and one tube of grease later and the problem was fixed.

I can't stand the grease guns that require both hands to operate. I much prefer the one-handed type and have used this grease gun hundreds of times on numerous vehicles and implements.

grease_gun.jpg

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I have the M18 Milwaukee grease gun and use it weekly, not cheap but, buy once, cry once. Instead of complaining for years to come.

Reactions: 1 users

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
I bought one at my Ford dealer...+30 years ago just replaced the hose on it! Buy a good one as they say you get what you pay for...

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Another + for the DeWalt. I got mine when Farm&Fleet was running a $40 off sale on them, and Milwaukee guns. There was another brand as well (Lincoln) IIRC. But the DeWalt got the nod as it was made in USA the other 2 "Hecho en Chine" on the box. I try to avoid that whenever I can

Reactions: 3 users

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I recommend the lube shuttle. No grease mess. Heard that JD carries cartridges for it.

Buy a LockNload tip for it.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
You can get good, or you can get cheap, but not both. You might manage to get a good used one, cheap off of market place. If you have a bit of time.

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Especially on hard to reach fittings where trying to pump a manual gun and hold the hose on the nipple it can drive ya nuts

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Obviously most people who posted didn’t really read the OP’s post when he said that he didn’t want a powered grease gun but was looking for advice on a good hand powered regular grease gun. Most auto parts stores carry decent grease guns, places like Tractor Supply and Running’s have them too. Tractor dealerships of all brands carry them. It is kind of a crap shoot on what you are getting nowadays because most everyone is rebranding products, so it is hard to tell what you are actually getting. Lincoln is a big name in greasing products. Lock-n-lube sells both their locking tips and grease guns on their website.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Don't own a manual one so no suggestion on the OP's actual question.
Have a DeWalt 20v and also a Canadian Tire (I think) branded (shop) air powered one.
I never use the air powered one anymore as the Dewalt is so dang handy.

Yes, I know it did not answer the question, but I think I see a trend. ;-)

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Don't own a manual one so no suggestion on the OP's actual question.
Have a DeWalt 20v and also a Canadian Tire (I think) branded (shop) air powered one.
I never use the air powered one anymore as the Dewalt is so dang handy.

Yes, I know it did not answer the question, but I think I see a trend. ;-)
I bought a NEW Lincoln pneumatic grease gun, .....but then bought the DeWalt 20V gun.
The Lincoln is still new!
I will NEVER use the Lincoln!