Good for a laugh

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
That looks like it weighs quite a bit
14,000 lbs empty…. 18,000 if the wheels are filled with water. I use it to roll my grass aircraft runway. That keeps the wild hogs off it because they won’t root-around on compacted turf.

I used to have a little 9N Ford tractor, and I bought the M4700DT Kubota to pull a disc-plow, tiller, and land-plane to repair the damage they’d done (which was so bad the little Ford tractor couldn’t even negotiate the ruts they’d made…. They really were THAT DEEP.
Turns out… the plow/tiller/grader-landplane couldn’t even TOUCH the damage. So I bought the Ferguson 5-8B compactor (ex hwy-dept machine)….and waited a few days after a rain…and VOILA! The runway was perfectly useful again. I then learned that when compacted the hogs won’t touch it…. So I roll/compact it a once per season and have never had a hog problem on it since. (They’ll tear up the areas/pastures (and the neighboring ranch :ROFLMAO:) outside the rolled-area….but they don’t even try the area I’ve rolled with this thing.)

Not really amused about the neighbors… just glad the damn hogs leave my place alone now.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I must have that defect also as have played that game many times in the past with my small tractor on turf tires.

BTW I used the same thaw & good weather to start digging out my hill & filling a ravine with the Kubota (Pic 1).

I did ok staying to the edges until I had to get back up the hill to go around my shed to avoid the front lawn. NO way in h@!! with that greasy mess and I did this to the lawn area... (Pic 2) note some of hill going to the splitter is from loading down firewood previously

IMG_3159.jpg
IMG_3172.jpg

Reactions: 1 user