Going to look at a G1900 today

artfull dodger

Equipment
Cub Cadet 782D Kubota D600 powered, Cub Cadet 1512D Kubota D600 powered
Aug 11, 2015
Kokomo, IN
My wife and I are braving the cold to go look at a G1900 with a 60" mower deck on it. If we get it, I will be looking to swap the 60 inch deck for the 48 or smaller. I need the tractor for its abilities but not that big of a mower deck. Pics to follow if it comes home with us. Mike

artfull dodger

Equipment
Aug 11, 2015
Kokomo, IN
And its following us home, needs some TLC once it warms up.

Reactions: 2 users

artfull dodger

Equipment
Aug 11, 2015
Kokomo, IN
Did a little bit of work on her today. The fuel starvation is being caused by a dead inline fuel pump, you can feel it go thunk when the key is turned on, but does nothing else. I changed the fuel filter and replaced the fuel line between it and the injector pump. The IP is leaking, looks to be from the clamping plates that hold the 3 pump elements, but it was to cold to dive into that any further. The fender pan needs the corners welded and body worked prior to repaint this spring. I bet someone tried to use those corners for a hand grab hold at some point, metal is split up the bend lines, so a wee bit of welding to do. Deck is nice and solid, just to big for my needs, hope to find someone that wants the 60" and has a solid 48" to swap. I wonder if the 44 off my little T series would mount under there?, the gear box is in the same place, hmmmm. I also need a new voltage regulator, the one on it is overcharging, 15.5 volts at the battery at medium RPM and the charging light on the dash is on. The good, even with fuel starvation, she fires right up with temps in the teens this morning, lights work, dash seems to work. She will look and run a lot better once the weather improves. Mike

Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Did a little bit of work on her today. The fuel starvation is being caused by a dead inline fuel pump, you can feel it go thunk when the key is turned on, but does nothing else. I changed the fuel filter and replaced the fuel line between it and the injector pump. The IP is leaking, looks to be from the clamping plates that hold the 3 pump elements, but it was to cold to dive into that any further. The fender pan needs the corners welded and body worked prior to repaint this spring. I bet someone tried to use those corners for a hand grab hold at some point, metal is split up the bend lines, so a wee bit of welding to do. Deck is nice and solid, just to big for my needs, hope to find someone that wants the 60" and has a solid 48" to swap. I wonder if the 44 off my little T series would mount under there?, the gear box is in the same place, hmmmm. I also need a new voltage regulator, the one on it is overcharging, 15.5 volts at the battery at medium RPM and the charging light on the dash is on. The good, even with fuel starvation, she fires right up with temps in the teens this morning, lights work, dash seems to work. She will look and run a lot better once the weather improves. Mike
Your voltage problem could be a loose connection. Somebody on here recently had a similar problem.

Here it is: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/battery-overcharging.49654/post-442780

artfull dodger

Equipment
Aug 11, 2015
Kokomo, IN
Thanks, I will check that once temps come up to something tolerable. Going to be single digits or even below zero air temps with wind chills well below zero. Going to stay indoors and mess with the model trains, the Kubota can rest till warmer temps prevail. Mike

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When you go out to look at a mower tractor in weather like this does the seller tend to be in a more bargaining mood then if it was 75 deg outside?:)