Global Warming

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I'll be 74 next month. Had even SOME of the predicted disasters come true since I was a little fella, I'd have died 6 or 8 times before now. It's a combination of the news peddlers trying to be relevant (and assist in the control of the populace), plus they try to outdo each other with bigger headlines.

This first it occurred to me was following the accident at TMI. Till then we didn't have much news outside of 6:00 and 11:00 in the evening Eastern Time. When TMI burped, the networks added hours of news AFTER and BETWEEN the news. TMI faded. Then the networks took an idea from the government - after you create something, it needs to grow regardless of its usefulness. Hence the 24/7 news of today.

When I was a kid, the weather report may have been "Chances of a thunderstorm late in the day".

Now, it's more like "23 million people in the Northeast portion of the US are under threat of SEVERE thunderstorms, damaging hail and possible tornadic activity. You are advised to stay tuned and seek shelter inside the nearest building - away from doors and windows and preferably wearing a football helmet in the bathtub".

In recent years the predictions have gotten increasingly annoying because nearly none of the dire predictions made ever happened. The earth might be warming - again. My tractor isn't causing it though.

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I'll be 74 next month. Had even SOME of the predicted disasters come true since I was a little fella, I'd have died 6 or 8 times before now. It's a combination of the news peddlers trying to be relevant (and assist in the control of the populace), plus they try to outdo each other with bigger headlines.

This first it occurred to me was following the accident at TMI. Till then we didn't have much news outside of 6:00 and 11:00 in the evening Eastern Time. When TMI burped, the networks added hours of news AFTER and BETWEEN the news. TMI faded. Then the networks took an idea from the government - after you create something, it needs to grow regardless of its usefulness. Hence the 24/7 news of today.

When I was a kid, the weather report may have been "Chances of a thunderstorm late in the day".

Now, it's more like "23 million people in the Northeast portion of the US are under threat of SEVERE thunderstorms, damaging hail and possible tornadic activity. You are advised to stay tuned and seek shelter inside the nearest building - away from doors and windows and preferably wearing a football helmet in the bathtub".

In recent years the predictions have gotten increasingly annoying because nearly none of the dire predictions made ever happened. The earth might be warming - again. My tractor isn't causing it though.
Right on! Neither are people…CO2 is not a toxin. In fact it’s required for cellular respiration which produces oxygen…maybe folks should worry a little less about installing solar farms and the subsidy and lithium mines that reduce oxygen output as well as pollute and take habitat of others.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Right on! Neither are people…CO2 is not a toxin. In fact it’s required for cellular respiration which produces oxygen…maybe folks should worry a little less about installing solar farms and the subsidy and lithium mines that reduce oxygen output as well as pollute and take habitat of others.
Okay, let me hook you up to a mask with CO2 only. You will die my friend.
Any specie that destroys it's environment will die off and the earth will recover.
Our generation will not fix this problem but if future generations do not find a recovery method we, as a race, will simple stop.
Our tractors do add to the problem but we do not have a workable alternative , yet.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Okay, let me hook you up to a mask with CO2 only. You will die my friend.
Any specie that destroys it's environment will die off and the earth will recover.
Our generation will not fix this problem but if future generations do not find a recovery method we, as a race, will simple stop.
Our tractors do add to the problem but we do not have a workable alternative , yet.
Thats a great straw man argument. That’s the same for any other element….to much of anything suffocates a human. That’s not the issue at all. Lack of oxygen is the issue with suffocation, not the CO2.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Some things are caused by humans. Some are not, but some humans think we caused it.
We can't change the earth's axis. We can't change the weather much.
But we can complain and blame.

I see global warming as a issue that we have no power over. It's not caused by combustion engines. Its caused by the world's cycles which change over centuries.

Today, the politicians see a way to make money thru disinformation. The governments taught in universities just a few hundred years ago that the earth was flat. We know how that worked out. Your government isn't all-knowing. And they do lie to us.

There is someone in control. And it's not us. It's the Being that created you. God.

Roman's 1: 22 - 25

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Our tractors do add to the problem but we do not have a workable alternative , yet.

Only reason we need the tractors is to make food for the BILLIONS of humans.
'workable alternative'.... quit having babies and reduce the current population
The tractors no longer required, disaster averted.

Years ago,OK, decades ago, someone did the 'math' and ALL the NASCAR races caused LESS pollution that the planes flying ONE NFL team for a season

If you want a real eyeopener, find the stats for fuel pollution for ONE cargo ship making one trip from China and back then lookup how many ships there are making how many trips......cough,cough, choke, choke.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

I'm still waiting on my property in Hackensack to become beachfront. Al Gore said it would be by now!
Should known, what with all the Democrat politicians and Hollyweird actors buying on the current coastline..... 😂

• Haha

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I'm still waiting on my property in Hackensack to become beachfront. Al Gore said it would be by now!
Should known, what with all the Democrat politicians and Hollyweird actors buying on the current coastline..... 😂
Ha…That was a doozy for sure…it’s just when that lie was made up up it was either forgotten or complete lack of understanding how when water freezes it expands and when ice melts it contracts…oops.

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Thats a great straw man argument. That’s the same for any other element….to much of anything suffocates a human. That’s not the issue at all. Lack of oxygen is the issue with suffocation, not the CO2.

Your own document shows it to be mildy toxic at lower levels. 5 % will still kill you.
So take 95% compressed air and 5% CO2 and still dead.

Either way, too much in the environment is not a good thing. As a specie we either change, adapt, or be replaced.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Your own document shows it to be mildy toxic at lower levels. 5 % will still kill you.
So take 95% compressed air and 5% CO2 and still dead.

Either way, too much in the environment is not a good thing. As a specie we either change, adapt, or be replaced.
It’s not my document and I think you misunderstand the PPM as well as the beneficial effects of CO2 which keep the earth from freezing over….or thanks for another straw man argument. I am not even sure if you are serious or not…if really worried then why smoke a cigar in the avatar (it’s not emitting O2).

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
All right, I give in.
For what it is worth, take Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Inductively Coupled Plasma analysis and you may find that I was published way back in the day. I have also spent way too much time taped in a class A suit dealing with very nasty stuff.
So yes, I understand PPM, PPB, PPT and cancer clusters. My real name will reside in DEC and EPA records for several more decades. I also understand that my signature on certain groundwater contamination reports means I can called upon to testify long after I left the company.
I walked the walk.

Like most compounds. It is all about concentration and location. I stand by the comment that too mcuh CO2 in the atmosphere is not healthy for us in the long run.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
All right, I give in.
For what it is worth, take Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Inductively Coupled Plasma analysis and you may find that I was published way back in the day. I have also spent way too much time taped in a class A suit dealing with very nasty stuff.
So yes, I understand PPM, PPB, PPT and cancer clusters. My real name will reside in DEC and EPA records for several more decades. I also understand that my signature on certain groundwater contamination reports means I can called upon to testify long after I left the company.
I walked the walk.

Like most compounds. It is all about concentration and location. I stand by the comment that too mcuh CO2 in the atmosphere is not healthy for us in the long run.
I am in no way advocating for pollution in fact quite the opposite.

Current air concentration of CO2 is at an estimated 0.04 percent.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2491/10-interesting-things-about-air/#:~:text=Air%20is%20mostly%20gas&text=It's%20a%20mixture%20of%20different,nitrogen%20and%2021%20percent%20oxygen.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
The weather is odd.
We have record breaking 93*f in Caribou and the next day another record low daily high temp. It would see over the millions of years the earth has gone thru change and is constantly still changing. Is is caused by man. Or is it just nature.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Im all for global warming. It will cut my winter heat bill down, extend the working season and with rising sea levels, swallow up Kalifornia

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
It was only 15,000 years ago that Maine was covered in ice. Maybe yall are getting back to normal 😄

• Haha

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I took this from @D2Cat post on this forum in the Daily Chuckle ...

It applies to global warming.

Screenshot_20230604_132015_Chrome.jpg

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Science doesn't care what you believe. It always amazes me when seemingly intelligent people mix pseudo science into politics.

I seem to prefer facts:
Temperatures in Connecticut have risen almost 3.5°F since the beginning of the 20th century (Figure 1). The greatest number of hot days occurred during the last two multiyear periods (2010–2014 and 2015–2020; Figure 2a). The number of warm nights has been consistently above the long-term (1895–2020) average since 1995; the most recent multiyear period had the second-highest average (Figure 3). The number of very cold nights has been below average since the mid-1980s, with the lowest multiyear average occurring during the 2010–2014 period (Figure 4).

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Science doesn't care what you believe. It always amazes me when seemingly intelligent people mix pseudo science into politics.

I seem to prefer facts:
Temperatures in Connecticut have risen almost 3.5°F since the beginning of the 20th century (Figure 1). The greatest number of hot days occurred during the last two multiyear periods (2010–2014 and 2015–2020; Figure 2a). The number of warm nights has been consistently above the long-term (1895–2020) average since 1995; the most recent multiyear period had the second-highest average (Figure 3). The number of very cold nights has been below average since the mid-1980s, with the lowest multiyear average occurring during the 2010–2014 period (Figure 4).

I, personally, won't argue that there is global changes. Even possibly global warming.
I have issues with those who claim that it was caused by internal combustion engines.

If we had a history of the earth's climate change for the past 10,000 years. Or even 2,000 years. One would see climate change.

Can you imagine a massive natural forest fire in old growth forests in Siberia or North America or China?
The sun would be blocked out for days, weeks, or months.

Man's internal combustion engines, since their invention in the 1800's, combined, would not come close the the smoke and ash created by a Siberian forest fire of old growth forests.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I seem to recall that someone;) in Washington once said: "We have nothing to fear, but fear itself".