Getting 'logged out'

kjjehnzen

Equipment
B1750 HSD
Sep 11, 2009
mecosta michigan usa
I keep getting logged out of the site while I'm reading other's posts. My routine has been to open a forum, read through and open multiple posts, then read each post. When I go back to the forums page to do another search I need to re-log in. Is there a way to stay logged in longer?

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Why do you log out?

Check the remember me button and stay logged in even after you shut down your machine.

What you are doing is going back behind your log in.........quit going back.........go forward.

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
It happened to me the other day also. I always log in before I do anything else. I was replying to a post, and when I tried to submit the reply, I was told I was not logged in, and given the login screen. I logged in again and the message posted, so no big deal, but I haven't seen that behavior before.

As far as the "Remember Me" button, that only works (when you shut down) if you allow cookies to remain. I always clear cookies when I close the browser.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I thought I read somewhere a LLOOONNGGG time ago that this site will automatically log you out for our protection from being hacked and having out password stolen due to in activity after a certaint amount of time.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I thought this issue was just me.

Is there a way the "Log in" time be extended? Sometimes when I am trying to formulate a reply or get side tracked by the kids and finish my post and when I get it just right hit submit it goes nowhere and I have to re-log in and all is lost :mad: I would think as long as you stay on the page you should stay logged in.

kjjehnzen

Equipment
B1750 HSD
Sep 11, 2009
mecosta michigan usa
So far checking the box has worked. Don't know why I didn't see that before. And just to be clear, I don't go 'back' with the back button, or forward with links. I open new tabs to read multiple threads. The main forum page tab is never closed.