Gauge package, B7100

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I finally wrapped up my gauge install. Thanks to 85Hokie for all of his help with this!!

Since I discovered that my Kubota hour meter was not working and since it is a standard 2" gauge, I decided to put an oil pressure gauge in the same location. The original oil pressure light is still functional as well.

I added a coolant temperature gauge. The challenge here was where to put it, since dash space is at a premium and I didn't want it getting in the way from entry and exit of the tractor. I ended up installing it to the left side of the dash. I added some hosing in an attempt to protect the wires when I brush cut. It doesn't look that good, but it should work.

There was a small hole in my dash with a plug in it. I thought that would be a great place for a voltmeter.

Since I used the original hour meter location for my oil pressure gauge, I decided to add an hour meter under the hood instead. I don't need to view it as often as the other gauges, since I only use it to determine maintenance intervals. I installed it on the firewall instead.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Over all, VERY nice.

And I've often thought the same of that hour meter "wasting" valuable space in my sight line. I guess the thought was "out of sight, out of mind", keep it where they can see it and maybe they will keep up with it? But stuff like that, something so rarely focused on, it just becomes background noise that my mind tunes out anyway. And mine also doesn't work, so I would like to do something exactly like you did.

However, that one on the side, looks like it's just asking to get ripped off. Maybe a simple steel sheet conical transition over the blue sheath? I don't work in brush other than the occasional mesquite or such, but I still cringe at how vulnerable that is. Not sure what the better option would be, trade-offs everywhere. Maybe sacrifice the decomp warning label?

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I've got a FEL on the tractor, so the side frame member offers a lot of protection for the gauge. Otherwise, I would probably be in trouble at some time. Time will tell. I just could not find another decent location to install it, without it getting in the way.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Mike,

nice work - and, as far as my help, YOU DID all the work, and an excellent job at that. All I did was watch from 900 miles away!:D:)

Hassman

Equipment
B6001, rotary tiller, weed sprayer
Jun 9, 2016
Chiang Mai Thailand
That is brilliant! Been thinking of adding the same on mine.

Can you please advise: Does the oil pressure gauge use the existing sensor that is to lit up the light or is another/extra sensor mounted?

Where to add the sensor for the coolant temp?

Many thanks!
Hasse