GAS Prices Dont Matter

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Gas Prices Don't Matter at all here in southern Maine. Matter to people traveling anyway. I've lived here all my life and have never seen so much traffic. It used to be come Friday you'd see extra traffic and campers on the road. Now its like every day is July 4th. Folks aren't happy being home I guess. Screw the virus were going on vacation.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Good news is the Lightnings are hitting the ground, only $94,000.
Saw the price on a soft top bronco a couple weeks ago when picking my service truck up from the dealer.

Sticker said $78,000 and change 😱😱😱

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Gas Prices Don't Matter at all here in southern Maine. Matter to people traveling anyway. I've lived here all my life and have never seen so much traffic. It used to be come Friday you'd see extra traffic and campers on the road. Now its like every day is July 4th. Folks aren't happy being home I guess. Screw the virus were going on vacation.
They arent happy being home because they are living in high crime, high crazy cities just south of Maine.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
We often camp in southern Maine, (Sanford / Alfred) . Plan on 50 -60 gallons of gas. Small cost compared to the amount of money that we put into the local economy while we are there.
We go for the ocean and not the 'CRAZY HIGH CRIME RATE in PORTLAND'.

Reactions: 1 user

Grateful11

Apr 20, 2010
Piedmont, NC
I couldn't agree more. I'm retired and I know years ago before I retired if I was off a day during the week you could hit town around 2-3pm and have the roads and streets to yourself. Now it's like Friday and everyone is going to the bank with their paycheck 7 days a week all hours of the daylight. Then there's the highways, almost no one is backing off on their driving. We rarely go anywhere anymore unless we have a reason too. Heard a woman on the news say, "well we're combining some of our trips now". I'm like well heck there's a novel idea why the heck we're you doing that before SMH.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
And they're all coming up here!

I live near Ellsworth. You literally can NOT get to Acadia National Park (Bar Harbor) without going through Ellsworth unless you come by boat or air. I had occasion to go upstate a ways last Sunday and again, the only practical route is via Ellsworth.

Traffic was backed up over TWO MILES from the intersection of Route 1A and Route 1/Route 3. And I mean at a dead stop! Cars, trucks, 30+ foot fifth wheel RV's, and $500,000 motor homes. I suspect the amount of fuel being burned while they sat in traffic would keep everything I own running for a year.

Fortunately, I was on the bike and knew the Secret Back Way Through Town.

Reactions: 2 users

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Don't feel bad, it is the same way here. People don't stay home anymore. I often do go anywhere on a weekend. On my road, I see the same vehicles go back and forth all day long. People just have to stay in the road. I don't think anything short of $10/gal gas will make people quit driving less.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
People were cooped up for 2 years…what do you expect?

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
ESPECIALLY when given a bunch of cash by the government during that time.

We are retired, but I think my wife and I received about $4K in stimulus payments, which we did not need but happily accepted.

Then people laid off were paid something like $600 per week on top of their unemployment!!! AND probably got the stimulus payments too.

Great incentive to find another job. They were receiving more than they earned while working in many cases for sure, for essentially being on a paid vacation, with a bonus to boot.

Why not take a vacation? EVEN if gas goes up to ten bucks a gallon? They can afford it!

Gee...I guess his left wing liberal better shut up now....

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
It was nice then you could go to town and get parts and no one on the road. Five dollar gas hasn't kept any one home around here. I never go to town on the weekends. Too much traffic and too many people.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
ESPECIALLY when given a bunch of cash by the government during that time.

We are retired, but I think my wife and I received about $4K in stimulus payments, which we did not need but happily accepted.

Then people laid off were paid something like $600 per week on top of their unemployment!!! AND probably got the stimulus payments too.

Great incentive to find another job. They were receiving more than they earned while working in many cases for sure, for essentially being on a paid vacation, with a bonus to boot.

Why not take a vacation? EVEN if gas goes up to ten bucks a gallon? They can afford it!

Gee...I guess his left wing liberal better shut up now....
I didnt get a dime. Guess I make too much still working to pay for handouts.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
It was nice then you could go to town and get parts and no one on the road. Five dollar gas hasn't kept any one home around here. I never go to town on the weekends. Too much traffic and too many people.
Hey I hear ya there. We are at 8600 ft in the mountains and the only time we see people is in the summer when the pansies come from the city to enjoy our cool mountain air. In the Winter they huddle in their apartments in the city while we enjoy the piece and quiet of the cold up here .

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
And they're all coming up here!

I live near Ellsworth. You literally can NOT get to Acadia National Park (Bar Harbor) without going through Ellsworth unless you come by boat or air. I had occasion to go upstate a ways last Sunday and again, the only practical route is via Ellsworth.

Traffic was backed up over TWO MILES from the intersection of Route 1A and Route 1/Route 3. And I mean at a dead stop! Cars, trucks, 30+ foot fifth wheel RV's, and $500,000 motor homes. I suspect the amount of fuel being burned while they sat in traffic would keep everything I own running for a year.

Fortunately, I was on the bike and knew the Secret Back Way Through Town.
That's a great town and park. Been there twice in the last 10 years. Drove from Pittsburgh with many fun stops along the way. Maine is my kind of place ,at least in the summer.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
we used to get 1000s every weekend coming to the local 'Websters and Tews' Falls. Most come from Toronto( 1hr MINIMUM drive...) .Got approval for a few no parking signs and $250 fine + tow really STOPPED them !

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Around here a bunch of folks use home heating oil or kerosene to heat their homes. Prices will mirror diesel, minus some taxes.

Not that natural gas, propane or electricity are cheap now in the northeast either. My electric bill has doubled in the last 3 months.

When heating season shows up, there's some folks that are gonna get a rude awakening.

I can see folks paying over $1,000/month for oil heat alone. Our heating season runs 11/1 through 4/1, at a minimum.

Gas prices will be their last worry......

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
5 bucks a gallon sure hasnt slowed any one down either

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Around here a bunch of folks use home heating oil or kerosene to heat their homes. Prices will mirror diesel, minus some taxes.

Not that natural gas, propane or electricity are cheap now in the northeast either. My electric bill has doubled in the last 3 months.

When heating season shows up, there's some folks that are gonna get a rude awakening.

I can see folks paying over $1,000/month for oil heat alone. Our heating season runs 11/1 through 4/1, at a minimum.

Gas prices will be their last worry......
In FL 11/01 thru 5/30.
Water drained, no heat required!