G1900 Throttle troubles

moralem

Equipment
L2800, G1900
Mar 12, 2010
weston tx
Well all my parts are in. Thanks to Messick's......a bit slow and expensive on shipping but they can get the parts you want. So I am off to put the new throttle cable on, replace my radiator cap and see what happens.

I have traced the hot lead from the battery and it only goes to the starter so I don't think it is leaking power anywhere else. I am thinking there is hot wire somewhere in all the harnesses that is bare or touching something it shouldn't and is making a mess of things.

As for being cursed, I got this G1900 to replace a worn out LT 155 green machine. I abused that thing and never once did it give me trouble until the deck broke. That was my own fault, I ran over an stump and it cracked the deck. I think the green tractor has jinxed the little orange one and the L2800 stays in shed waiting for its turn to mow the larger pasture......wish me luck

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Glad to hear you got your parts and you are eager to hit it.

What ever power wire you have going to ground most like likely isn't a small one or chances are it would have already burnt up like a fuse.
I think, like others, you have a larger wire/cable doing this.

Do a real good inspection of all the cables at the starter. Make sure what's there is hooked up as it should be, not just the battery cable.
Also look over you dyno/generator real well. Check for chafed wires touching each other or maybe even going to ground. Voltage regulators may be a cause if miss wired since they do go to ground. If you have a hot going to the wrong pickup then it will go straight to ground from the dyno.

These are the most likely areas to be causing a problem as some heavy juice is flowing through it.