G1900 radiator removal

22R

Feb 29, 2020
GONZALES, La
The easiest way is to pull the engine out. I changed my drive shaft u joints a while back and with engine out Raditor removal is simple. If it can be done with engine in I am unsure but will be tight f so.
22R

grneedham

Equipment
Kubota G1900
Jun 23, 2020
Sunbury, OH
The easiest way is to pull the engine out. I changed my drive shaft u joints a while back and with engine out Raditor removal is simple. If it can be done with engine in I am unsure but will be tight f so.
22R
Many thanks! A technician showed me a schematic where four bolts attached the radiator to the frame. With them removed I was able to pull the radiator and shield out together without taking the fan off. I should have replaced the water pump as well...it failed and I got to repeat the process. G1900-S is running like a new tractor (now 30 yrs).

Reactions: 1 users

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
Many thanks! A technician showed me a schematic where four bolts attached the radiator to the frame. With them removed I was able to pull the radiator and shield out together without taking the fan off. I should have replaced the water pump as well...it failed and I got to repeat the process. G1900-S is running like a new tractor (now 30 yrs).
Change the radiator drain plug to a brass one . OEM is a plastic plug witch expands and contracts at a diverant rate as metal

Reactions: 1 users