Fuse Block

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
If my region ever thaws out, I'm going to be putting some auxiliary lights on my Grand L.
I've seen various threads about lighting, and at least skimmed all of them. I snagged various links to the lights, etc. I've sorted through them, and think I've narrowed down the lights for me (mmmmm, 2000 lumens).

Anyway, people generically talk about fuse blocks but rarely (if ever?) link to specific ones. I'd like to find a block with an input relay, and obviously fused outputs. I won't pay $80+, like I see some of them. That's just nuts. My amazon searches just aren't showing me anything that I really like.

Honestly, I'm planning on running 4 27W LED lights, which converts to 9A. There is the auxiliary power tap under the fender that would handle it. But, I have been made aware that this is the one and only tractor I ever get, so I plan to 'do it up'. Midas well add a cigarette lighter plug, or two. Maybe an under-chassis light while I'm at it, etc. Thus exceeding the 10A aux wire.

Any thoughts on fuse blocks?

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
All very nice electrical stuff.
Not quite what I'm looking for, though I do have emails in to a couple of them.
I'm going to keep an eye out, but it looks like I'll be rolling my own.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
If my region ever thaws out, I'm going to be putting some auxiliary lights on my Grand L.
I've seen various threads about lighting, and at least skimmed all of them. I snagged various links to the lights, etc. I've sorted through them, and think I've narrowed down the lights for me (mmmmm, 2000 lumens).

Anyway, people generically talk about fuse blocks but rarely (if ever?) link to specific ones. I'd like to find a block with an input relay, and obviously fused outputs. I won't pay $80+, like I see some of them. That's just nuts. My amazon searches just aren't showing me anything that I really like.

Honestly, I'm planning on running 4 27W LED lights, which converts to 9A. There is the auxiliary power tap under the fender that would handle it. But, I have been made aware that this is the one and only tractor I ever get, so I plan to 'do it up'. Midas well add a cigarette lighter plug, or two. Maybe an under-chassis light while I'm at it, etc. Thus exceeding the 10A aux wire.

Any thoughts on fuse blocks?

Go to your local autoparts place, NAPA, Autozone, Orileys ......

I got mine from AdvanceAuto, it was 10-15 bucks, here a picture from that Paul (Wildfire) sent me, I got the same fuse junction block, Run you a nice fat wire to the battery and then you can branch off several ways if need be!:D

Attachments

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Go to your local autoparts place, NAPA, Autozone, Orileys ......

I got mine from AdvanceAuto, it was 10-15 bucks, here a picture from that Paul (Wildfire) sent me, I got the same fuse junction block, Run you a nice fat wire to the battery and then you can branch off several ways if need be!:D
And IF you really want to get fancy you can add a relay like I did and that fuse panel will only have power when the ignition is on and or the machine is running. ;)

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
I guess I had hoped for one with a built in relay, etc.

So yeah, I have quite the amazon "wishlist" going. Relays and fuse panels and switches, oh my.

fused battery tap:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JC5G44...=UTF8&colid=XQSTS1LORZ4L&coliid=IVOSTCGRCOQUR

Relays/sockets (and extras, just cause):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HFYE1O...UTF8&colid=XQSTS1LORZ4L&coliid=I2AVBKBGAENPWI

Fuse Block:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VU9D20...UTF8&colid=XQSTS1LORZ4L&coliid=I2F8UET6TP0RJQ

Switches:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B0QHHNG...UTF8&colid=XQSTS1LORZ4L&coliid=I1ISNHW879WNBW

Lights:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZGKKMA...UTF8&colid=XQSTS1LORZ4L&coliid=I2YJNZDXKILBTN

As well as weld hooks, split loom, touchup paint, and a Kubota Only parking sign. =)

Not sure where on my dash I can add 3-ish switches. Might change to your style fuse block too. Also not sure how to mount my lights, since my ROPS needs to be down to get in the garage. My dad's L3710 fits just fine, so that one surprised me. Was planning on a light bar forward and a couple round lights back. Had to change to rounds forward and back for symmetry on ROPs. Perhaps 1 underneath somehow for wheel placement vision and one in the 3-pt. area for attachment/trailering at night. I have a bad-ass 200 lumen LED flashlight that is crazy bright. The 2000 lumens of these lights will be wildly cool. Pretty economical too, as long as they hold up.

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
I could, but honestly, i leave my rops down. Shame on me, i know. Your lighting is what inspired me in the first place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Wildfire, wish you would of made one of your videos on the new fuse block, relays, and switches. It would of helped me and probably a few others that are electrically challenged. Looking to add LEDS on rops this spring, if it ever stops snowing. Maybe even an overview since you have already installed it. Your vids are inspiring.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I could, but honestly, i leave my rops down. Shame on me, i know. Your lighting is what inspired me in the first place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Yup, shame on you :( I'm glad to hear I've had some influence on you :)

Wildfire, wish you would of made one of your videos on the new fuse block, relays, and switches. It would of helped me and probably a few others that are electrically challenged. Looking to add LEDS on rops this spring, if it ever stops snowing. Maybe even an overview since you have already installed it. Your vids are inspiring.
There are times I can do videos and then there are times I can't due to my work load. I've tried to do more but videos take a pile of time to tape, edit and upload while trying to do the actual mod so it's gets a little busy lol.

Last edited: