Funny story

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
I had some friends in from Iowa for a week,
hog hunting and guided fishing. His son told the following
funny story.
Zachery was telling the story about buying his 1st new vehicle.
He goes to fill it up for the 1st time and he sees the green
handle "gas" pump selling for about the same price. He decides
to do his part for global warming. About $400.00 to fix.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
The antithesis of that story........ one who always uses green handle then goes to another brand station and grabs green like always......... and it's premium not diesel ARGGGGGGGGG. 500$ attempt to fix..... then total destruction (run away engine..... premium ate seals in IP. leaked into sump)

DON'T ASSUME

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Does the green handle indicate diesel in your parts of the world?

Here it is yellow for the most part and the nozzle is bigger so it does not fit in the fill hole on a gas job.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Here it is yellow for the most part and the nozzle is bigger so it does not fit in the fill hole on a gas job.
The nozzle is bigger here in the states as well. But color depends on the stations color codes. Could be black, green, or yellow, so you need to read the tag.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine

The nozzle is bigger here in the states as well. But color depends on the stations color codes. Could be black, green, or yellow, so you need to read the tag.
Around me some stations have the larger nozzles and others have the small ones and some have both for diesel. :confused: Most gas pumps dispense 87, 89 and 91 from the same hose and nozzle. Most use black but there are some use other colors just to keep it interesting. One Irving station I stopped at this July had 8 pumps and they were inconsistent with the colors between their 8 nozzles. :eek: :confused: :confused:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Around me some stations have the larger nozzles and others have the small ones and some have both for diesel. :confused: Most gas pumps dispense 87, 89 and 91 from the same hose and nozzle. Most use black but there are some use other colors just to keep it interesting. One Irving station I stopped at this July had 8 pumps and they were inconsistent with the colors between their 8 nozzles. :eek: :confused: :confused:
Absolutely :D Then add in E85 and a DEF nozzle as well :eek: one station uses red for gas, yellow for E85, and green for diesel. There competitor uses red for E85, black for gas, and yellow for diesel. Then get there pump tech adding what ever handle they have available to get the pump working again :p

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
The Costco in town here has Green for gasoline and Yellow for diesel....Most other gas stations are black for gas, green for diesel.