Fun Father’s Day project

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
So I have a good size stump in my back yard that I had been working on some. A fellow forum member suggested using my pressure washer and turbo tip to expose the roots and help get is out. Well today my 3 boys and I got after it. They power washed and I continued to dig down around it. Ended up being 2 stumps. One smaller and one larger.

How we started
714F32F3-697F-4BA9-A201-8CF96DEC19F0.jpeg

After a lot of pressure washing and digging I was finally able to push the stump over and drag it out.
59C37F01-34B4-4F36-BA91-483740869551.jpeg

7DDF2CB4-92CA-407A-B704-3A5FD31129A4.jpeg

Now I just have to refill the hole with the dirt I dug out.
01801E3D-4AAD-4E8F-A52C-54D3AD210316.jpeg
And after playing in the dirt and mud all day you have to get cleaned up.
D1FB5D5B-86CB-43A1-B148-65C4AA7704D4.jpeg

Over all it was a good Father’s Day. My boys and I hanging out and tackling a project. Even better is that we won and got it done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Nothing is quite as unifying as fighting a common enemy. Looks like y’all had a good tussle with that stump before it gave up. That’s a good day.

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Nicely done! What a beautiful spot you have there, too!! With great help like that you won't need a bigger tractor!!

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Nicely done! What a beautiful spot you have there, too!! With great help like that you won't need a bigger tractor!!
Thanks.Bought it and moved in a year ago October. Past owners hadn’t done anything for quite some time, so there is never a shortage of projects.

The help is great. Always good to have some young backs around to lend a hand.

Reactions: 1 user

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
What messy endeavor....but looks like fun was had. And a cool dip to boot!
Your a fortunate man. Great bonding on Father's Day.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Thanks.Bought it and moved in a year ago October. Past owners hadn’t done anything for quite some time, so there is never a shortage of projects.

The help is great. Always good to have some young backs around to lend a hand.
That's pretty much the same as here, having bought from elderly previous owners. Always lots of projects from upkeep that was too hard for the past owners to do at their age. Now that my kids are out on their own I've had to replace them with implements. That's not near as much fun.....but the implements don't complain either! LOL!

I'd love to hire your 3 muscular boys instantly!! If only our locations were a little closer..... :unsure:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep it is always nice having a couple strong young bucks around to help,, makes ya love them even more

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Bought about 50' of 1" yellow poly rope from Lowe's. Braided a large eye at each end. Two small 5/8" steel shackles and one large steel shackle for the towbar. I occasionally have to deal with dead limbs larger than my FEL. Actually nothing more than a glorified tow rope. Wrap one end around the dead tree limbs on the ground and fasten the other end to the 1" shackle to the tow bar. Tow the dead tree limbs to the burn pile. disconnect the first shackle. Then use the fel to push them onto the burn pile. My biggest complaint is that the pecan trees is usually the brittle wood. Don't have to worry about fires other than the one I started as I'm usually the one watching it and always have a hose ready. I took a page out of the farm workers book when I see them all day wearing heavy work shirts with long sleeves. I hate poison ivy, used to get it bad, but with the heavy long sleeve shirts haven;t got any in the last two years. Frank

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I took a page out of the farm workers book when I see them all day wearing heavy work shirts with long sleeves. I hate poison ivy, used to get it bad, but with the heavy long sleeve shirts haven;t got any in the last two years. Frank
I wish everyone could be as lucky as I am and not be allergic to ivy. But I still wear the sleeves when I work in the rough areas on my property because of briars and thorns and splinters. I have ivy vines larger than my arms, some larger than my legs on my property. Well, did have. I've killed most of the larger ones via machete or axe, whichever was more appropriate. Slowly but surely, I'm taking my property back from the clutches of Mother Nature. Between the ivy, yellow jackets, armadillos, foxes, deer, rabbits, rain, erosion, and any other common enemy of a land owner, it's been tough. But a good orange tractor and a stubborn attitude have me gaining ground now.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
So I have a good size stump in my back yard that I had been working on some. A fellow forum member suggested using my pressure washer and turbo tip to expose the roots and help get is out. Well today my 3 boys and I got after it. They power washed and I continued to dig down around it. Ended up being 2 stumps. One smaller and one larger.

How we started
View attachment 61873

After a lot of pressure washing and digging I was finally able to push the stump over and drag it out.
View attachment 61874
View attachment 61875

Now I just have to refill the hole with the dirt I dug out.
View attachment 61877 And after playing in the dirt and mud all day you have to get cleaned up.
View attachment 61876

Over all it was a good Father’s Day. My boys and I hanging out and tackling a project. Even better is that we won and got it done.
That looks like it was almost too much fun. Great job, and ANYTHING you can do to pull today's youngsters away from the cell phones and XBox is time well spent. Kudos to you and the boys for getting that monster stump out. Been there, done that, and yes, it feels great when the kids rally round to help you with a project like that. The boys look like they were NOT the ones on the tractor.

Reactions: 1 users

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
That looks like it was almost too much fun. Great job, and ANYTHING you can do to pull today's youngsters away from the cell phones and XBox is time well spent. Kudos to you and the boys for getting that monster stump out. Been there, done that, and yes, it feels great when the kids rally round to help you with a project like that. The boys look like they were NOT the ones on the tractor.
The boys were on pressure washer and shovel duty. I handled the tractor stuff.

I hear ya on the pulling them away from their phone/XBox. It always goes the same when I volunteer them to help me with a project. They grumble for about the first 30 minutes. Then after that they are all smiles and good moods. Gotta get them out of their screen time funk.

It's amazing how much their mood improves and how much they enjoy it after cutting their phone umbilical cord.