fuel pump

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Skeets, here are some pictures. I made it out of some steel I had laying around. Made it as I imagined it.

I actually do not use it because I have an L4240 and when I set it on the loader arm, then set a fuel can on the top plate it sets too high for me (and I'm 6'-4"). I think the concept would work real good for a smaller tractor where you wouldn't have to reach up so high to the top of the fuel container. It could also easily be made out of wood with some glue and screws.

There is a piece of cardboard folded inside to keep from scratching the paint.

Attachments

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Like TungHill Tom......the shake-n-suck gets it done for me

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I am very satisfied with my Harbor Freight pump. It works well with the tractor or sawmill and I never have to lift the fuel jug.
IMG_7282.JPG

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
My wife bought me this one for xmas.....

Pump

have not used yet! No grass to cut nor boat to run:ROFLMAO:
I had bought that one and I only got to use it three times. It has an overflow hole that dumps some of the fuel back in the can, it started to leak externally around the collar that attaches to the container. Eventually the leakage was so bad that no fuel reached the fuel tank that was supposed to be filled but the container was dripping fuel everywhere since the overflow hole was spraying the inside of the non sealing collar of the container and leaking out.
I ended up getting something similar to this from Harbor Freight. It has been working great for over a year. I put the 5 gallon jug on the tractor's floor and pump from there. Great for the BX not so much for others because of the short length of the hose.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZKRS8NK/ref=twister_B07ZKRV75M?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Skeets here's something you might be able to fab up and make pumping fuel easier. I made one out of steel, but you can make one with wood and screw/glue it together. It's simply an upside down "U" that set over your loader arm. There is a flat board on top to set the fuel can on and stays there without support. Then you can use a siphon pump or any inexpensive pump to easily fill the tank.
I built the exact same thing out of wood and I just use that 'shake siphon' that costs about 10$ on amazon. Takes a couple of minutes but im not holding the can so who cares.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
LINK. I had a coupon that knocked it down a bit. I also added a PVC pickup tube and "water hose" fittings on the pump so that I could disconnect both hoses.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I had bought that one and I only got to use it three times. It has an overflow hole that dumps some of the fuel back in the can, it started to leak externally around the collar that attaches to the container. Eventually the leakage was so bad that no fuel reached the fuel tank that was supposed to be filled but the container was dripping fuel everywhere since the overflow hole was spraying the inside of the non sealing collar of the container and leaking out.
I ended up getting something similar to this from Harbor Freight. It has been working great for over a year. I put the 5 gallon jug on the tractor's floor and pump from there. Great for the BX not so much for others because of the short length of the hose.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZKRS8NK/ref=twister_B07ZKRV75M?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
I have the same little pump. Set the 5 gallon jug on the cab floor and pump away. Slow but who's in a rush.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I got that (similar) pump at Harbor Freight. About the same price. Took three tries to get one that would work enough to wear out a set of "D" batteries, but finally got it and it works nicely.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Same pump as Magicman used for a couple years now. I have a 55 gallon blue drum inside the shed and the pump is on a shelf above it. Both tractors have "2 flat" trailer type connectors on them that match up with the one on the pump. So far I've been hopping up on the front tire, but it's a pretty big step. Will probably get a step stool.

I fabbed an aluminum pickup tube that dangles in the drum because I didn't trust having the hose soak forever and didn't want to slop / drip fuel by removing the pickup after refueling. There was no concern about fuel contact on the inside of the hose, but I wasn't sure of the long term effects of fuel on the outside jacket.

I did add a pushbutton switch on a cord so the pump could power be controlled where the action was taking place. The pump has an OFF/ON switch on it, but it takes a little time to get back and forth between the pump and the tractor tank. The pump can allegedly handle some dead-heading, but this seemed like a good thing to do.

Fuel is transported on one of those receiver hitch carriers 20 or 25 gallons at a time. Barrel is filled using a big funnel. Lifting the 5 gallon jugs to fill the drum is easy. Filling the tractor via the 5 gallon jugs is not.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I got mine after having shoulder surgery last February and have been using it for a year with absolutely no problem. I added a hook to the pump so that I can hang it on the fuel jug or whatever. I installed "garden hose" connectors on the pump and both hoses for easy disconnect and also plugs & caps to prevent dirt intrusion when not in use. The pump will empty the 5 gallon fuel jug in 30 seconds.

It was $100 well spent!! (y)