Fuel issues?

AngleBlade1cc11

Equipment
M9000 4x4 W/loader
Dec 4, 2018
Scranton PA
Ok so I’m back on here a year later. Got 60 hours on the rebuild and now have issues with engine missing. I believe it’s a fuel issue. Sometimes it even has the fuel knock. I cracked injector lines twice and it cleared up for a few hours. But now that’s not working. I narrowed it down to one injector and crack that and the engine would actually run better when I crack the line. When I would tightened the line back up it would go back to missing. So today I took injector out and switched it with another one to see if the miss would follow the injector. It did not. So it can’t be the injector. Took the fuel line off and checked for pin holes and line looks good. I took all the lines off the plungers and noticed all of them had fuel to the top of threads except the one that was missing and seen a paint chip in the hole. Cleaned it out put it all back together and still missing. So it has to be inside injection pump? I just had plungers rebuilt and injection pump checked out when engine was out. What’s my next step of trouble shooting? Thanks

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
If the problem followed your changing it's position, it would seem the problem is with that injector.
If it were me, I'd buy a Kubota injector, not an after market.
I made the mistake of buying cheap one time, learned my lesson, genuine Kubota is the way to go.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
If the problem followed your changing it's position, it would seem the problem is with that injector.
If it were me, I'd buy a Kubota injector, not an after market.
I made the mistake of buying cheap one time, learned my lesson, genuine Kubota is the way to go.
He said that the problem did not follow the injector. I would do the test another time with a different cylinder to be sure, and if the problem is still with the same cylinder, then it is time to visit the pump.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
check the compression first. Go from there. Low? Find out why and correct it.

if compression is ok then it could be a pump issue. "cracking the lines" at the pump many times results in movement of the delivery valve holder assembly which affects it's timing among other things. It cannot be corrected once this happens thus you have to either send the pump out for service or replace it. I'm not saying this is your issue, but I've seen it dozens of times over the years and usually carries the same or very similar complaint.

Reactions: 1 user

AngleBlade1cc11

Equipment
M9000 4x4 W/loader
Dec 4, 2018
Scranton PA
I was cracking the valve on the injector side a bunch. Didn’t really crack or take off the lines at the pump but a couple of times. I made there the delivery valves did not move bc I made that mistake a few years ago.

AngleBlade1cc11

Equipment
M9000 4x4 W/loader
Dec 4, 2018
Scranton PA
Well tractor is still down. Finally got the time to get it in the shop and look into again. I think I caused more harm then good the last time I looked at it. I thought I narrowed down to a sticky delivery valve and had the stupid bright idea to tear into the pump. I only got the top off about 1/4” before changing my mind and pushing it back down and tightening it back up. Now I believe the stop lever on the inside has come off and the only way to fix is a complete pump tear down correct?
Back to the original problem. Could it have been the lift pump getting weak and not putting enough pressure to the injection pump?

AngleBlade1cc11

Equipment
M9000 4x4 W/loader
Dec 4, 2018
Scranton PA
So the more I look into it I don’t have to tear the whole pump out to fix the stop lever do I? I just have to get the fuel rack out?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Yes

But I have no suggestions except to send the pump to a reputable rebuild shop