Fuel inlet screen

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
There seem to be quite a few reports on this forum of fuel tank outlet blockages from debris (ie bugs etc) that gets into the tank while the fuel tank cap is off. Here is my solution to the problem, so far it seem to work as advertised. It is made from tea strainer (Ebay from China) cut to the appropriate length and glued into a piece of pvc cap. The cap was ground down on the outside to 3" (for a BX23) and the inside was widened to accomodate the diameter of the tea strainer screen, then the top was cut off the cap and a handle added to be able to pull it out of the neck of the fuel inlet.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
There seem to be quite a few reports on this forum of fuel tank outlet blockages from debris (ie bugs etc) that gets into the tank while the fuel tank cap is off. Here is my solution to the problem, so far it seem to work as advertised. It is made from tea strainer (Ebay from China) cut to the appropriate length and glued into a piece of pvc cap. The cap was ground down on the outside to 3" (for a BX23) and the inside was widened to accomodate the diameter of the tea strainer screen, then the top was cut off the cap and a handle added to be able to pull it out of the neck of the fuel inlet.
Wing,

good job with that!
maclean and I have both ordered custom made "screens" for our BX out of a company in Utah. Not sure if Mac's is in yet - but they are stainless steel and should filter everything but water. Mine will have a 75 micron filter. Mine will arrive by weeks end......and yes, it cost a hellva lot more than a tea strainer!!! We will see if it is a viable solution soon!;) I like your ingenuity :)

Dark Age 53

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 25, 2017
Dewitt
That's an awesome fix, do you have a link for the strainer from ebay? Thanks

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I use a large funnel with a screen built in. I also have a filter and water trap on my re-fueling tank before it goes into my tractor tank.