Fuel gauge malfunction

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I have an L2800 (2009) with only a few hundred hours on it. The fuel gauge seems to be stuck on "full" all the time. I also noticed that the "temp" gauge seems to be consistently showing a lower normal operating temperature...it is working...but for some reason at the same time as the fuel gauge issue...it started showing a fairly low temp during all operations of the tractor. All the other dash functions appear to be normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start the diagnosis for what may be the problem(s)?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Gauge malfunctions like that usually point to a ground problem.;)
Check the ground fires that go to those two areas and on the gauges.:cool:

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
My BX25 temp and fuel gauges are erratic at times and rarely measure small incremental changes. I have come to look at the gauges on start up but if I want to get a fresh reading I turn off the tractor and start up noting the reset position of the gauges. Even the digital tach is inaccurate, readings vary 100 rpm's but I can hear there is no change in engine speed. Kubota machinery is great equipment but I think they are a little weak on the finer components. Just my humble opinion.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Seems gauges are very critical of grounding,,, my BX fuel gauge was all over the place,, on a new tractor,, followed every ground I could find, cleaned and used white lithium grease on each ground,,, no worries since

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Skeets, thanks for the advice. I'm getting ready to do winter prep/maintenance so I'll bird dog all the grounds.