Fuel Filter Replacement M62

Key West Ralph

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M62, BT 1400V Backhoe, TL 1800 Loader, BT 4599 Thumb, Premier Auger
Mar 4, 2022
Tolland, Massachusetts
Manuals on order. In the mean time I want to change the filters on my fuel system. Any precautions or bleeding info I need? 2018 M62. Thanks, Ralph

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Manuals on order. In the mean time I want to change the filters on my fuel system. Any precautions or bleeding info I need? 2018 M62. Thanks, Ralph
Check out You Tube, might be a video on there to help you. I found one on my L3560.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
It is good to be famiear with the bleeding procedure... you will need to use it if you run dry of fuel someday.

In general:
  1. Bleeding is done in sequence from the filter, thru the injection-pump, finally, at the injectors.
  2. 'prefill' the new filter to reduce amount of bleeding
  3. There may be a bleeder ontop of the filter-housing to loosen
  4. There may be a bleeder ontop of injection-pump which is loosened to help expell air.
  5. Some engines have a hand primer pump. (many do not)
Crank the engine, (or using the built-in hand pump), snug each bleeder as fuel begins to come out.

On most engines, you need to loosen the pipe-fittings at all the injectors. Crank the engine. As fuel begins to squirt out of each one.... snug it back down.

Finally, try to start engine and expect rough running for a minute or so as the rest of the air is purged thru the injectors.

USE MARKER TO WRITE ON THE NEW FILTER (Engine-Hours and Date)

Reactions: 1 users

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
To change the fuel filter, clean off the area around the old filter, remove the old filter, lube the gasket on the new filter with clean fuel, and screw it onto the filter head. Whatever you do, do not never, ever prefill the filter before installation!! This is a 5-micron filter, you would be better off not changing the filter as dumping trash into the system. Below is a pdf of bleeding the system.

Attachments