Fuel delivery

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
That is a fine looking setup. How do you intend to re-fill the drum?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a similar setup but with a 500 gal bulk tank.

A practice I have followed for years is before each refueling, I pump some fuel from the hose back into the tank to flush out the hose.

This gives the Golden rod water filter a second chance to block any condensation in the hose from reaching the tank.

Dave

Reactions: 4 users

Botabart

Equipment
L2501
Jan 1, 2021
NW Pennsylvania
That is a fine looking setup. How do you intend to re-fill the drum?
Did my first fill with my funnel in the 3/4" hole to see if it would work and be able to keep the pump assembly in. It worked fine. Barrel in the truck and unload it with the pallet forks.

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
This is awesome! can you go into a little more detail about the parts you used? came out super clean

Botabart

Equipment
L2501
Jan 1, 2021
NW Pennsylvania
This is awesome! can you go into a little more detail about the parts you used? came out super clean
It's a fill-rite fr112 pump. The pump and filter and water separator sold as an assembly on Amazon for $224. I used stainless nipples and fittings. The barrel is a 40 gallon stainless steel that I got brand new from a local maple syrup supplier for $205. I have a barrel dolly on its way.

Reactions: 1 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Mine is a 1000 gallon self berming ASTM certified fuel tank that I have my local fuel supplier fill when needed, but I also watch how the pricing is. Mine is hard plumbed to the standby diesel generator and I use a 110 volt Fill rite pump and hose with shutoff nozzle to fill the tractors and a spin on water block filter in line. The tank was free years ago. Came with a 5 year contract with the supplier I use. They did the install and maintenance too.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Personally, I would invest in an electric pump. Not for ease of transfer, but to aid in seeing the level in the tank.

Manual keeps you standing at the pump cranking. Electric has you standing at the end of the hose watching.

The fuel and mess saved over time will easily pay for the pump.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Most storage tanks come with a level float installed, at least all the ones I've seen do but probably not the 'repurposed' ones.

Botabart

Equipment
L2501
Jan 1, 2021
NW Pennsylvania
Mine is a 1000 gallon self berming ASTM certified fuel tank that I have my local fuel supplier fill when needed, but I also watch how the pricing is. Mine is hard plumbed to the standby diesel generator and I use a 110 volt Fill rite pump and hose with shutoff nozzle to fill the tractors and a spin on water block filter in line. The tank was free years ago. Came with a 5 year contract with the supplier I use. They did the install and maintenance too.
I get my off road diesel from the same company that del
Personally, I would invest in an electric pump. Not for ease of transfer, but to aid in seeing the level in the tank.

Manual keeps you standing at the pump cranking. Electric has you standing at the end of the hose watching.

The fuel and mess saved over time will easily pay for the pump.
I've always been able to hear when it's getting full. Was filling big farm tractors with a hand crank when I was about 10 years old. Anyway I'm ordering a grand L soon so fill will be down low where I can watch it.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
To be sure my requirements are a whole lot less than most of the posters here :)
That said its getting to be a pia to lift 5 gallon jugs onto the hood to fill the tractor (and scratch the hood when the rag moves). I just got this in yesterday:
1612629737030.png

My generator is right next to where the tractor is parked so I can fill both easily and obtain power from one of the genset batteries. I assembled it and tried it out. It drained a 5 gallon jug in seconds. The kit comes with a pretty long outlet hose, nozzle and all required fittings including a filter on the suction side.'

Its a pretty small device and I'm going to mount it on the wall. For me its perfect.

Reactions: 2 users

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I have one that is very similar. It does the job for now.

I also have a home heating oil tank which I got half full from a Craigslist ad. (I actually got my 12v pump to help me pump the tank out so I could move it.) I plan to pour a slab and mount it there, and run 120 to it, then buy a real 120v pump and fit it with a filter setup. I figure the money I have saved in fuel by scrounging home heating oil from Craigslist will make the pump pretty close to free.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Looks like we have a sidecarflip and a sidecarflop. One has a 1000 gallon storage tank, one has a 2000 gallon storage tank. A lot of confusion just for an explanation of fuel storage. Maybe one forgot the other one posted!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Did my first fill with my funnel in the 3/4" hole to see if it would work and be able to keep the pump assembly in. It worked fine. Barrel in the truck and unload it with the pallet forks.
Around here they seem to insist that you put your container on the ground before filling, even with diesel fuel.

Not sure how "Barrel in the truck" would work here...Suppose it might if they were not looking or did not care. Pumps do have a notice that containers must be placed on the ground.

Would not bother me at all filling diesel into a container on the truck.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Why is Sidecarflip BANNED? Sidecarflop should be banned for purposely hijacking another member's avatar and making fun of his screen name and attempting to ridicule another paying member. This is outrageous!

Think about it this way, your avatar identifies you on a forum. To hijack another member's avatar is the same as identity theft. Think about it as if it was your avatar being hijacked.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Why is Sidecarflip BANNED? Sidecarflop should be banned for purposely hijacking another member's avatar and making fun of his screen name and attempting to ridicule another paying member. This is outrageous!

Think about it this way, your avatar identifies you on a forum. To hijack another member's avatar is the same as identity theft. Think about it as if it was your avatar being hijacked.
Flip banned? News to me. Where did you turn this up? I’m always the last to know,,,I’ve learned to live with it though...

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Flip banned? News to me. Where did you turn this up? I’m always the last to know,,,I’ve learned to live with it though...
Scroll to any post made by him and it says Banned under his screen name.