Front Loader Dimensions

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Is there any resource out there that gives you the dimensions of different model front loaders? Specifically looking at a LA352 or LB402 so I can determine if something will fit my B series tractor or not.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is there any resource out there that gives you the dimensions of different model front loaders? Specifically looking at a LA352 or LB402 so I can determine if something will fit my B series tractor or not.
Not really, you could extrapolate some dimensions from sales info, but with older models that info is hard to find. ;)

Sadly with your tractor model it requires a pretty elaborate and substantial subframe to keep the loader from doing damage to the tractor.

That loader LA352 was the only loader like it, during that era.

This is one reason your finding it hard to even finding an aftermarket loader to fit it.

The LB402 is a larger loader meant for a L series and does not have the subframe, and most L loaders are wider.

Attachments

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
I've seen several B series with the LB402 on it, that's why I used that number.

I can fabricate all kinds of things, but I don't want to spend money on a mostly complete FEL and spend a day driving there and back to find out it is not compatible because of the size.

I have a B2410, this loader is 39" inside boom to boom dimension with a rear pin to front pin dimension of 89". My gut tells me it will work, but I'd like more difinitive info versus just my gut.

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN

Did you mean LA402? That’s what I have on my B2710.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

I can fabricate all kinds of things, but I don't want to spend money on a mostly complete FEL and spend a day driving there and back to find out it is not compatible because of the size.

I have a B2410, this loader is 39" inside boom to boom dimension with a rear pin to front pin dimension of 89". My gut tells me it will work, but I'd like more difinitive info versus just my gut.
Yea I think you might be a little off on the LB402... like I said that loader is for larger L series tractors... and like others said, you think it might be LA402?

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
the WSM for both loaders are free on the kubota site and lots of dimensional info.

here is some to get you started.

assuming LA402 not LB402 as I don't know LB line.

hope it helps
That gave some information, but not really what i'm looking for. Just find it hard to believe (well, not really I guess) that there are no actual dimensional/fabrication drawings of the loader or components itself. Obviously there have to be to fabricate it correctly, but they don't seem to be available or at least readily available to the general public.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That gave some information, but not really what i'm looking for. Just find it hard to believe (well, not really I guess) that there are no actual dimensional/fabrication drawings of the loader or components itself. Obviously there have to be to fabricate it correctly, but they don't seem to be available or at least readily available to the general public.
As with just about anything kubota, they keep everything they can tight to the chest as to not help any competition get the upper hand. ;)

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
As with just about anything kubota, they keep everything they can tight to the chest as to not help any competition get the upper hand. ;)
I will never understand that mentality, not like it's hard for anybody to take a tape measure to one of the literally thousands of loaders they fabricate for their tractors.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I will never understand that mentality, not like it's hard for anybody to take a tape measure to one of the literally thousands of loaders they fabricate for their tractors.
Why do the work for others that will just reverse engineer it to make a quick buck?

And what good does it do the normal buyer / user of the implement, to them it either fits the tractor or it doesn't.