Front Fenders on Grand-L 40s

Swift

Nov 15, 2010
Cle Elum, WA
Hello everyone!

Just stumbled upon this forum today and after spending the last hour or two reading countless useful articles and threads (thank you!) I was hoping someone might be able to answer a question I have...
I am trying to find a front wheel fender for a L3940, I have heard rumors that they are commonly equipped on the Canadian models but I have yet to locate any confirmation on this.
Anyone have any insight on front fenders that you can share with me?

Thanks!

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Wildfire has front fenders on his L series. Apparently they come standard on tractors sold in Canada. The name of the company that supplies them to Kubota is Dunlofles. Here is their website: http://www.dunloflex.de/eng/trak_kot.htm
I guess the probem is the mounting brackets will not fit a stock tractor sold in the US. Maybe Wildefire will see this and chime in here to explain it a little better. He may also have some pictures to help you out.

I coiuld sure use a set on my 4740. I blow snow and have to drive a couple of miles of gravel roads. In the spring and fall driving on the sloppy roads sure makes a mess out of the cab windshield.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Hi swift. First of all welcome to the site.

Yep my Canadian Kubota L4240 has front fenders. They used to be standard equipment on some of the Grand L models here in Canada. I'm almost sure that from the model 3940- 5740 had them. Below those models they don't because the front Axel assembly is different with no mounting points for the fenders to bolt on to.

That being said I'm sure if you wanted to install a set of these fenders you could just by fabricating your own mounting brackets. It's a well worth item to have on a tractor in my opinion. I attached a few pictures for you to view. You'll see why I'm talking about in the difference of the front Axel.

You'll also notice that I added a mud flap to improve on keeping water from flying up on the windshield. I checked my parts manual and even my service manual and there were no part numbers on the fenders however there's a name stamped on the fenders and it is "Dunloflex-E" You might goggle it and see what that tells you. The Canadian Grand "L" model also comes with a higher output alternator and rear defrost on all three windows. I'm not sure if the American Grand L's do as well.

This past summer I removed the powder coated brackets off the fenders and fabricated new stainless steel ones to go back. I HATE powder coating. Just HATE IT! :mad::mad::mad:

I almost traded up to a 5740 Grand L this year and noticed the the Canadian Kubota's don't have the front fenders on there tractors anymore. I asked the dealer why and they couldn't tell me.They weren't sure why. Too bad because it's a very nice feature on these machines.

Attachments

Swift

Nov 15, 2010
Cle Elum, WA
Thanks for the information and the pictures!

I spoke with a dealer in Calgary who told me there is a fender kit p/n LM9297, however they run nearly $600...seemed a bit steep.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Thanks for the information and the pictures!

I spoke with a dealer in Calgary who told me there is a fender kit p/n LM9297, however they run nearly $600...seemed a bit steep.
Ouch! :eek: Yep that's a bit much. If your handy making things you could make a set. Use a plastic 45 gallon barrel, cut it to get the fender shape and then make a few mounting brackets. Nutt'en to it ;)

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Heck...for $550, I'll make 'em outa metal, and paint 'em orange, with shipping included!

:p

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
In all seriousness, if you of you entrepreneurs out there would like to gear up and make these, I bet you could sell them. Maybe not for $600, but you might be surprised what you could sell them for. If you didn't want to go through the whole manufacturing process, make a set for yourself, and then put together a bill of materials and some detailed drawings for the rest of us to buy from you. We could then purchase a set of plans and take them to a local fabricator, or build them ourselves. Anyone?