from B7001E to B7001

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
hello all,

The orange bug is haunting me again. I am interested in buying a second B series. A B7001E 4x2, how complicated is it to convert it into 4x4. Are the4x4 driving components in the gearbox missing on the B7001E or the gearbox is the same as the 4x4 counterpart requiring just the front axle and drive shaft?

The B7001E i have noticed is going to be purchased as a parts donor and for registration purposes.
So If it is too much of a hassle i might as well leave it in bits.

Another question is the gearbox tunnel where the chassis number is stamped the same for both b7001e and the 4x4 counterpart?

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Highly unlikely as it would require several components to be installed like the 4wd gears.

Reactions: 1 user

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
hello all,

The orange bug is haunting me again. I am interested in buying a second B series. A B7001E 4x2, how complicated is it to convert it into 4x4. Are the4x4 driving components in the gearbox missing on the B7001E or the gearbox is the same as the 4x4 counterpart requiring just the front axle and drive shaft?

The B7001E i have noticed is going to be purchased as a parts donor and for registration purposes.
So If it is too much of a hassle i might as well leave it in bits.

Another question is the gearbox tunnel where the chassis number is stamped the same for both b7001e and the 4x4 counterpart?

Thanks
Based on my limited exposure with the "E" 2WD variant, you'll have a lot of parts you need to find. It'll almost be more time efficient to find a solid 4WD instead. Maybe if you find a 7001D that has a bad engine or something like that, it would be worth the effort.

I think you'd need the following at a minimum:
  • Front axle assembly
  • Front engine subframe, with associated axle mounting bits
  • Front driveshaft
  • Transmission assembly from a 4WD model
If I recall, the rear differential case is identical, as well as the clutch tunnel. If you're up to your eyeballs in B7001/7100 tractors, it's a fun game of LEGO. However, there will be a lot of work involved.

Reactions: 1 user