Friends of the NRA banque

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
We had another great evening Saturday at the Friends of the NRA Banquet my buddy won a 22 simiauto I won a 50 Cal TC muzzle loader. The event raised $23,000 for youth shooting sports in our local area.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Yes it was a nice event, anytime you can promote youth shooting programs it's always a good thing
And we use to do this a lot in years past - there would be "gun safety" at the local high school - hell I won a shooting event at my former school, SHOT right on campus.....and yes safely I might add!!!!!

The reason most people are afraid of guns, is because they know NOTHING about them.....

we teach drivers ed in school
we teach sex education in school

IT ought to be mandatory to teach "gun safety" at school!

OK - I am getting off my soap box.....

congrats on winning and raising money!!! :)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I agree, shooting sports have been brushed under the rugs at high schools, as bad and not needed and of course.... Oh my, your teaching a child how to be a killer!:eek: Both my Daughters shot in high school and the youngest got a ride to Penn State to shoot on their team. The older would rather swim than shoot any more and thats OK, but she knows how and knows firearms safety.
One school board meeting I went to when they were trying to get rid of the rifle team, someone got up and was all but crying about how horrible guns were and how many kids would be killed or injured if this were allowed to continue.
Some very interesting facts came out of that meeting, with written facts in hand a young woman that had shot in school, and was at that time in law school. Showed that in NO OTHER IN SCHOOL ACTIVITY, the kids involved were placing higher in academics, less criminal interactivity with the police, less likely to get knocked up, and so one and so on, and more likely to attend collage that in any other.

I think that has a lot to do with their home life more than school, but the point is thay had guns at home, and they had parents that loved them.
Good on your for hosting the show :D

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Trap is the fastest growing high school sport in MN.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
I was a hunter safety instructor, a certified NRA shot gun and rifle instructor plus a 4 H leader in shooting sports for about 15 years. I never had a better time doing something to help other people out. Everyone we had in any classes or in 4 H were very careful and would listen to what was being told to them. We usually had 50 plus kids in the spring hunter safety and about the same number in the fall class. If you want a rewarding experence sign up to teach a gun safety class. In the latter years we would get whole families taking the class. One mother told me that if there were going to be guns in the house everyone is going to learn about them