Freaking Auger...

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
That makes so much more sense now, thanks for the explanation. We base most fencing on eight feet post center and generally the h-brace is also eight feet apart. Why 5 foot space? More idle curiosity.

And I hate barbed wire running and stretching, always get too many nicks and scratches. Be safe
I put the 2 ties about 5' apart, based on what I had handy for the horizontal compression strut! My buck rail fence is getting a lot of interest from my rural neighbors and passerby, all positive. I am telling some I cut all the wood myself, plus dadoed the jacks's, and so on. Actually my fencing supplier did most of that work. I still had to assemble the cross jacks, and man handle all the material, BUT the fork attachment made that as easy as possible, still a butt load of physical labor and I'm glad it's done. About $2300-2500 cost, the log cabin screws and and other hardware being about 400 of that, to go about 700'. But in this country these type fences seem to last forever.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
That makes so much more sense now, thanks for the explanation. We base most fencing on eight feet post center and generally the h-brace is also eight feet apart. Why 5 foot space? More idle curiosity.

And I hate barbed wire running and stretching, always get too many nicks and scratches. Be safe
Having no idea at all, I must ask what the advantage of the buck rail fence is over other alternatives...easy to move if needed, or?

Have no idea at my end. Don't think I have seen that style fence before. Of course I live near the city...

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Having no idea at all, I must ask what the advantage of the buck rail fence is over other alternatives...easy to move if needed, or?

Have no idea at my end. Don't think I have seen that style fence before. Of course I live near the city...
No digging. It can site on just about any surface.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I put the 2 ties about 5' apart, based on what I had handy for the horizontal compression strut! My buck rail fence is getting a lot of interest from my rural neighbors and passerby, all positive. I am telling some I cut all the wood myself, plus dadoed the jacks's, and so on. Actually my fencing supplier did most of that work. I still had to assemble the cross jacks, and man handle all the material, BUT the fork attachment made that as easy as possible, still a butt load of physical labor and I'm glad it's done. About $2300-2500 cost, the log cabin screws and and other hardware being about 400 of that, to go about 700'. But in this country these type fences seem to last forever.
I see the spacing is more practical than I had imagined it.

Here in Central Texas we have a similar fence called “snake fence” that snakes in a zig zag fashion across the ground. Mostly built out of cedar (really juniper) limbs about 2-5 inch diameter stacked on the horizontal. Kinda hard to explain but it has been replaced by wire for the most part unless someone wants that “look” or wants to avoid digging holes in limestone areas.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Nope. I ordered it through Everything Attachments. It’s a Digga DDD. 5-12 gpm flow

I got the 9” rock auger too. I’m not sure what I will be digging In, I have lots and lots is holes to drill.
View attachment 59134 View attachment 59135
I was trying to figure out why your FEL boom looked so different from mine. Then it clicked. Load levelling. That also looks like the standard size tires, not the fatties like I have. We both need the exhaust extension mod, too. Not sure why Kubota didn't see that being a problem. The exhaust blows right on the LH Bucket cylinder and hoses. That can't be a good thing.

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I was trying to figure out why your FEL boom looked so different from mine. Then it clicked. Load levelling. That also looks like the standard size tires, not the fatties like I have. We both need the exhaust extension mod, too. Not sure why Kubota didn't see that being a problem. The exhaust blows right on the LH Bucket cylinder and hoses. That can't be a good thing.
I’ve been meaning to order an extension. Soon

the cab can only come with standard tires, so I was told

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I’ve been meaning to order an extension. Soon

the cab can only come with standard tires, so I was told
I was told the same thing about the tires. I have the SU with BIG FEET. I can't put my hand between the top of the tire and the fender. VERY tight, and a PITA to clean inside the fenders. But it'll nearly climb a tree at idle in Low, and plenty of ground clearance. I traded the mid PTO for the better rough terrain performance. Rears are filled too, so each rear tire weighs nearly 700 lbs. Very seriously considering a set of 2 or 3 inch spacers, but will definitely have to do something different for a box blade if I do. Already have a problem with a 4' blade behind the big feet. I feel pretty confident it could pull a 6 footer.

Don't really need a cab down here. Usually, if it's cold, it's also wet and muddy. We have a pretty mild winter. Not Florida mild, but mild enough. Most of the noise is under my butt anyway (hydrostatic transmission), so not sure a cab would help that much for noise. Nothing to base that on, however, other than reviews of those that do have cabs. I'd likely break something on it because I go under a lot of low brush and get close to trees a lot while doing my thing.

It'll be a long time before I can use a mower where I spend most of my time with the LX, and when I do get one, I'm resolved that a 3PH mounted one will be better for my use. Unfortunately, no bagger with that, though. Got water oaks in the part of the lot that I mow, so a bagger is really handy. May wind up having to get a PTO driven yard vac if I retire the Husqvarna or it wears out. Don't really want to 'mow' the yard twice to get it cleaned up, but the way I see it, that's more seat time and boredom prevention. I usually get the missus riled when I get bored, or worse yet, go spending money.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I was told the same thing about the tires. I have the SU with BIG FEET. I can't put my hand between the top of the tire and the fender. VERY tight, and a PITA to clean inside the fenders. But it'll nearly climb a tree at idle in Low, and plenty of ground clearance. I traded the mid PTO for the better rough terrain performance. Rears are filled too, so each rear tire weighs nearly 700 lbs. Very seriously considering a set of 2 or 3 inch spacers, but will definitely have to do something different for a box blade if I do. Already have a problem with a 4' blade behind the big feet. I feel pretty confident it could pull a 6 footer.

Don't really need a cab down here. Usually, if it's cold, it's also wet and muddy. We have a pretty mild winter. Not Florida mild, but mild enough. Most of the noise is under my butt anyway (hydrostatic transmission), so not sure a cab would help that much for noise. Nothing to base that on, however, other than reviews of those that do have cabs. I'd likely break something on it because I go under a lot of low brush and get close to trees a lot while doing my thing.

It'll be a long time before I can use a mower where I spend most of my time with the LX, and when I do get one, I'm resolved that a 3PH mounted one will be better for my use. Unfortunately, no bagger with that, though. Got water oaks in the part of the lot that I mow, so a bagger is really handy. May wind up having to get a PTO driven yard vac if I retire the Husqvarna or it wears out. Don't really want to 'mow' the yard twice to get it cleaned up, but the way I see it, that's more seat time and boredom prevention. I usually get the missus riled when I get bored, or worse yet, go spending money.
Ahh. But I also have air conditioning!!! Which is good because with all that glass it a big oven in there, even when is nice out. If the sun is out, it gets hot!!

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Ahh. But I also have air conditioning!!! Which is good because with all that glass it a big oven in there, even when is nice out. If the sun is out, it gets hot!!
Kinda the reason I didn't get the cab, and didn't really want it on a small tractor, and it would defeat the purpose of having one to do brush work and getting into tight places. You'll probably appreciate all that heat a lot more in the winter. Our winter's very mild. Rarely get snow more than one or two days a year, and that shuts down the entire state because we have no way to handle it. Strangely enough, even the counties that don't get any shut down. Sorta like a state holiday when it snows somewhere inside the state lines. I'll suffer the elements if I need to, or look at the weather through the window of my house and get another cup of coffee.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Kinda the reason I didn't get the cab, and didn't really want it on a small tractor, and it would defeat the purpose of having one to do brush work and getting into tight places. You'll probably appreciate all that heat a lot more in the winter. Our winter's very mild. Rarely get snow more than one or two days a year, and that shuts down the entire state because we have no way to handle it. Strangely enough, even the counties that don't get any shut down. Sorta like a state holiday when it snows somewhere inside the state lines. I'll suffer the elements if I need to, or look at the weather through the window of my house and get another cup of coffee.
yeah, heat is a good thing...
0F9DFF3C-116C-4FE5-90D1-C2E1634C70D7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user