Ford Bronco questions

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
My wife has been driving an FJ Cruiser since we bought it new in 2009. It is really getting up there in mileage--even for a Toyota, but still no problems whatsoever. In March I put an order in for a Bronco thinking it would never be built as the dealer told me he has folks waiting since early 2022. Well today I get an email saying its built and going through 'final inspection'.

Anyone out there have a new model Bronco? Anyone have any issues? @Fordtech86 any insight?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Lots of different models, several engines and options to choose from.

The few people I know that own them....seem pleased enough. I know I see a ton of them around here. Oddly, nearly every single one of them being driven by women.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Really haven’t seen many issues with them. Don’t see very many come through the shop, I’ve personally have only worked on 3 of them (programming issue on one, fuel sender on one, and rear axle bearings on one). They do have an issue on the manual trans models with the 5-6 synchro and there was an issue with the soft tops separating.

Which model did you go with?

Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Really haven’t seen many issues with them. Don’t see very many come through the shop, I’ve personally have only worked on 3 of them (programming issue on one, fuel sender on one, and rear axle bearings on one). They do have an issue on the manual trans models with the 5-6 synchro and there was an issue with the soft tops separating.

Which model did you go with?
The Outerbanks with the high package, the 360 camera and the 12 inch screen.

That's why I stay away from soft tops.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
All I can tell you about Ford Broncos is they quit making them after 1977.
Lots of new Broncos around here. Started again 5-6 years ago?

@aaluck - they are a quite common vehicle here. Know a couple people that have them, and don’t recall any complaints.

Ford would know better and sounds like his experience is positive.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Lots of new Broncos around here. Started again 5-6 years ago?

@aaluck - they are a quite common vehicle here. Know a couple people that have them, and don’t recall any complaints.

Ford would know better and sounds like his experience is positive.
I can see that you didn't get the tongue in cheek implication of my statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I can see that you didn't get the tongue in cheek implication of my statement.
True, didn’t get it. Do now.

Whether Bronco, Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Charger, Impala, Thunderbird, etc. They don’t build REAL ones of the Retro models now. Obviously sourcing/manufacturing origination is much different now too.

We can all pick a year; “hasn’t been a good one made since 1977, 1971, 1969, 1959….”

I’m around old cars regularly. Driving a ‘60’s vehicle today is much different than I remember when I drove one everyday.

I know I can wax poetically about the great car/truck I had 50 years ago, but in reality sometimes it was great for the time.

Not saying good or bad, just my experience.

At least I could fix a ‘60’s or ‘70’s vehicle….

Last edited:

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
All I can tell you about Ford Broncos is they quit making them after 1977.
Yup. I had a '73. Found myself wishing many times that I'd never sold it.
73 Bronco 1994r.jpg

To the OP: Do some research on this forum: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/
I wanted a new Bronco until I started reading about all the problems. And watching Matt's Off-Road Recovery YouTube videos and seeing how many he had to retrieve out of the back country with broken front ends.

Reactions: 3 users

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
The new Broncos look very promising, even though I am a Chevy guy. It is WAY better than that thing Chevy is calling a Blazer. Friend at work bought a new Bronco, and he loves it. He lifted it, customized it already, etc. He has no complaints.

As a side note- I saw a hilarious bumper sticker on a Wrangler that said "Broncos are just Jeeps that drink Bud Light". :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
A fried has a '90 Bronco II He has painted and done a lot of restoration work on in the last few years.

Bronco new tires 010.jpg

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don’t have one and wouldn’t buy one. They aren’t very interesting to me. I‘m mostly a Ford guy, fwiw. I seem to remember a few problems with broken front steering parts if they are used offroad. I don’t know if they’ve fixed that issue or not.

I’d go look/ask at ford-trucks.com.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I've yet to hear,let alone actually SEE anyone go OFFROAD with their 50-60-100K '4WD' ride these days.....
and I bet that '90 Bronco will never be off pavement....

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
From my research, they started out at was suppose to be a cheap little truck, and have escalated to at a point now were you can buy a real one for almost the same price. And the folks I know that bought one anyways, they are having a fair share of issues.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
The Bronco is great looking for sure but if you check out what's being driven in harsh conditions globally there is not a Bronco in sight. Pretty much all Toyotas. That should tell you something. I have a 2 year old F150. Its very light and has poor traction. It also has a wonky 10 speed transmission that I could do without. Lots of complicated electronic gadgetry as well. I have had 2 recall notices on it so far. This is a new truck mind you. Not to sound too grumpy it gets great milage and rides nice. Check out the Ford owners group for further info. My next rig might be a Tesla Cybertruck. It won't be a F150 (the best selling truck in the world). Good luck.

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
The Outerbanks with the high package, the 360 camera and the 12 inch screen.

That's why I stay away from soft tops.
I have been following the Bronco Forum for the last few years. Actually seems like most of the issues are with the hard tops. Even the new replacement ones have experienced stress cracks and honey combing.
You can hop on over there and read the multiple threads about the hard top.