Forced to purchase counterweight (AU)

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Not as effective as the same weight hanging off the 3PH, but claiming loaded rear tires are minimally effective as ballast is a stretch.
Loaded tires will help hold the rear of the tractor down. This translates into an improvement in traction only. When you add weight behind the rear axle you will shift some of the weight from the front axle to the rear axle. This is the goal, remove weight from the front to the rear. This will reduce the wear and tear on the front end. This will also allow less weight on the tires. Since some of the tractors are able to pick up enough weight to test the weight limits of the tires.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
If it were me, I'd probably take the ballast box because they're good to have. Incompetence and govt pettifogging rules are annoying. But ignoring how it feels, it's not a bad price for a ballast box. Maybe lean on him for a bit more discount and call it done?

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Very nice, thanks armylifer :D I accidentally called you armylifter in my last post, maybe I wasn't far off.

I like armylifters idea, maybe try that first…then.

Tell the dealer to take a hike. It’s a ridiculous ploy to up sell you on something you dont need. What is important is to understand they importance of ballast and stability on the machine…do your homework. What is not important is some dealer being involved in trying to rip you off. I read that linked guide as well adn concur. No requirements there. Take that to them and have them show you where it explicitly says it is required by a supplier/mfg. Threaten to call Kubota corporate and report them for this practice. It is slimy.