foamy transmission oil

rowboat

Equipment
zb7000
Oct 25, 2010
Galiano Is. BC
I changed the transmission oil on my B7000 for the first time since i've owned it. To drain I removed three drain plugs & let out all the old stuff. I removed & cleaned the filter and then put new oil back in. It is supposed to take 11.5 L to fill up but I only got something like 10L in before the dipstick showed full. I ran the tractor for a while and worked the hydraulics to get the oil everywhere it should be and everything ran fine but would not take anymore oil. My two questions are: why couldn't i get he specified amount of oil in. Also, is it normal that the oil would be really foamy after running for ten mins. I used gear lube 80W-90.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
The factory spec for fluid capacity is for either a brand new or a fill up after complete tear down and overhaul. During a normal fluid dump it will no all come out, lots of hiding places for fluid.

Some aeration of the fluid as read on the stick is most likely normal. Mine shows some after it's been run for a while and I don't have any issues.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I changed the transmission oil on my B7000 for the first time since i've owned it. To drain I removed three drain plugs & let out all the old stuff. I removed & cleaned the filter and then put new oil back in. It is supposed to take 11.5 L to fill up but I only got something like 10L in before the dipstick showed full. I ran the tractor for a while and worked the hydraulics to get the oil everywhere it should be and everything ran fine but would not take anymore oil. My two questions are: why couldn't i get he specified amount of oil in. Also, is it normal that the oil would be really foamy after running for ten mins. I used gear lube 80W-90.
I think you are to use tran/hydraulic fluid. Gear oil is to heavy for hydraulics.

Mingy

Equipment
L3010 backhoe FEL, B2300, M9000
Jul 27, 2010
Ontario
You should verify you are using exactly the oil specified. The wrong oil could rot seals, etc.. This can get very costly. If you are not using the right oil, you probably should drain and flush and refill.

rowboat

Equipment
zb7000
Oct 25, 2010
Galiano Is. BC
Thought Vic said someplace that gear oil was ok for the tranny but I'd better check that out I guess. Thanks for the input guys...

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Thought Vic said someplace that gear oil was ok for the tranny but I'd better check that out I guess. Thanks for the input guys...
I am not up to speed on the 7000 but if your hydraulics and tranny use the same sump you will need to use hyd/tranny oil. If they are seperate then you are ok with the gear oil.