fluid levels

DaTow'd

Equipment
what ever it takes to get the job done
Aug 13, 2013
Bella Coma BC Canada
Hi Gang,
Older Kubota 4x4 18hp 2 cylinder model 175 with tiller
A front end loader has been tapped into the hydraulic lines all works good.
I'd like to change the fluid levels and not sure what oil goes where and how much.

front diff
front angle drives
2 -27mm bolts on axle tube- how much goes into each?

I see a 12mm bolt on left side of transmission case I assume that is the level- Oil is White in the transmission looking at the filler hole

rear diff
rear reduction gear box housings

How about lube for the tiller?

thanks for any help
cheers
Hank

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Not sure about how much oil goes in the front end but either 85w90 or udt fluid should work. My L3000 takes about 2 gallons if I remember right.

The oil in the tranny (if it's white looking or milky) sounds like it has water in it. If so you may need to change it several times before you get it all cleaned out. The tranny and rear diff share a common reservoir. My 3000 takes around 8 gallons.

Tiller, I assume you are talking about the gear box. Most take 85w90.

DaTow'd

Equipment
what ever it takes to get the job done
Aug 13, 2013
Bella Coma BC Canada
Thanks for the reply Bulldog
I'm a bit confused on how much lube to put in the front axle using the 27mm bolts on each side of the axle.
The transmission has UDT lube in it maybe that is the "White" I see
cheers
Hank

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
This may not help you at all but if I remember right my front axle hubs and all on my L3000 only holds about 6 qts. I think my hubs fill thru the axle. On my M9000 the hubs are seperate and they fill to the top of the hub where the fluid goes in but I don't remember how much they hold.