Fluid leak from exhaust

Thatoneguy

Equipment
Kubota b7200
May 20, 2022
Southern California
I noticed yesterday while working in the yard on the b7200 there was a fluid leak coming from the exhaust manifold. My first though was engine oil... but that doesnt seem right. Perhaps diesel not burining completely and seeping out of a bad gasket. The exhaust looks like the p.o. hit something and bent it backward a bit. I suppose that could be why the gasket is bad and leaking... but any ideas on why or what it is thats leaking? I have a feeling its more of a deeper issue. I havent felt any power loss and it seems to run healthy.

Attachments

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
at start up there can be a lot of condensate that will blow out the exhaust till the exhaust warms up.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That is called slobber, not really abnormal, change the exhaust gasket and you should be fine.

Thatoneguy

Equipment
Kubota b7200
May 20, 2022
Southern California
That is a problem i can live with then. I wanted to replace the bent exhaust anyways, ill get a new gasket and do it all at the same time. Glad it wasnt anything more significant. Thanks you all for the help.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
When you tackle the manifold, be really,really careful about removing the nuts and studs.....maybe order spares before you begin...

FWIW.... you might want to put a few drips of new oil on the starter nuts and studs while you're 'in the neighbourhood'......

Thatoneguy

Equipment
Kubota b7200
May 20, 2022
Southern California
Good to know! Sheering a stud off cant be fun with these little engines... i mean it isnt fun with any engine but ordering parts prior too is probably much faster in the long run

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
On my older L185 the nuts holding the manifold to the block are brass and larger hex size (for size of studs) so easily removed.

loggin

Equipment
MX4700
Sep 4, 2021
canada
I noticed yesterday while working in the yard on the b7200 there was a fluid leak coming from the exhaust manifold. My first though was engine oil... but that doesnt seem right. Perhaps diesel not burining completely and seeping out of a bad gasket. The exhaust looks like the p.o. hit something and bent it backward a bit. I suppose that could be why the gasket is bad and leaking... but any ideas on why or what it is thats leaking? I have a feeling its more of a deeper issue. I havent felt any power loss and it seems to run healthy.
Could also be a little bit of wet stacking if engine is not brought to temperature or loaded very often and only used for light duty. Loading up the engine will usually take care of it.