Fluid Capacities

davecal

Equipment
Kubota BX2230, FEL, Snowblower, Cab
Aug 4, 2017
Ridgefield, CT USA
Hi All,
New to this forum, great info here so thanks in advance for some advice. Just bought a 2005 Kubota BX2230 with a FEL, Cab, MMM, and a Snowblower, great machine for my size property. I changed all the fluids today and here's where I'm confused...The manual states that the transmission fluid quantity is 2.7 gallons. I used Kubota UDT2 oil and purchased the 2.5 gallon jug and an extra quart. Filled it and NO reading on the dipstick?? I changed the filter as well, is it possible the manual doesn't include the filter?
Oposite problem on the front differential, Manual says 5 quarts but I can get more than 3.5 in. I drove it around, left and right turns, 4WD, etc. and still shows full. I used Kubota 80W-90 gear oil. Did I miss a drain plug?
Thanks for any help and advice. Dave

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Manuals usually miss it just a little. Biggest thing is make sure it's sitting on level ground and use the fill marks on the dip stick.

As far as the front axle goes it's hard to get every drop of oil out.

keyston44

Equipment
L3301
Jun 16, 2017
Coffeyville, Kansas, USA
I ran into the same thing. I have a L3301 and the owners manual says the fuel tank is 11 gallons, all I can get into it is 7 gallons and the crank case says 7.1 quarts and it only holds 5.5 quarts.
I know that doesn't help you but at least you know you're not alone.

Key

davecal

Equipment
Kubota BX2230, FEL, Snowblower, Cab
Aug 4, 2017
Ridgefield, CT USA
Thanks, as far as the HST fluid, I do have it level in my garage, looks like I'll add some more to bring it up to full. I cleaned the suction screen as well so it was totally empty so maybe it just needs a bit more to be happy!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I ran into the same thing. I have a L3301 and the owners manual says the fuel tank is 11 gallons, all I can get into it is 7 gallons and the crank case says 7.1 quarts and it only holds 5.5 quarts.
I know that doesn't help you but at least you know you're not alone.

Key
Fuel is probably like my L3000, when it says empty it really still has about 2 gallons in the tank.

They don't usually miss the oil by that much and even so 5.5 qts seems a little low for that size tractor. Are you taking both drain plugs out of the oil pan? Not trying to be a smart ass but the second plug holds about a qt. or so is why I ask.