floating bucket on FEL 1630?

PeterA

Equipment
B6200 HST 4WD @ SIMS cab, Kubota 1630 FEL, rototiller & plough
Dec 17, 2010
St. John's Newfoundland
I have a model 1630 FEL on my B6200 tractor. I've looked at SDVic's video on how to float the bucket on a FEL, but the demo is with a newer machine.

Can one float the bucket on a FEL 1630? If so, is it the same method, i.e. pushing down on the FEL joystick?

Also, anyone know where I can get a service/parts manual for this FEL?

Peter

PeterA

Equipment
B6200 HST 4WD @ SIMS cab, Kubota 1630 FEL, rototiller & plough
Dec 17, 2010
St. John's Newfoundland
Okay. I'll try to answer my own question. I phoned my buddy in the parts department at the local Kubota dealership today. For a start, he believes this particular FEL model to be rare which may explain why I got no responses to my post. Secondly, he found a parts manual for the FEL which suggests that this FEL will allow one to float the bucket (although it doesn't say this explicitly in the manual). I'll experiment with this ASAP to confirm.
Peter

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
No problem Vic, I can see your a busy guy. I had a KMW loader on my B6200 and I never did figured out how to float it with the dual lever. Wished OTT was around then to help me out.

Eagle Creek

Equipment
B7200 HST, loader and tiller
I have the B1630 and it does not have the float capability. I am looking for another spool valve to replace the original since it is not working very well. I even rebuilt it and it only slightly got better, but the bucket still rolls downward especially with a load in it.
Been looking for a replacement and remember a thread speaking of the Northern Tools control that works with the B1630. Can't find any mention of it on this web site tho.
Any thots on this??

regularjay

Equipment
B7200E
Jun 21, 2009
Harford County, MD USA
I have a 1630 and it does have a float position but getting there is kinda "wonky" at least on my well worn example. To use it I have to go all the way "down" and then ease off it a bit and it floats pretty good. I believe this is an actual function for these loaders but the well worn goofy mechanical linkage makes it problematic to reliably engage

Eagle Creek

Equipment
I replaced the FEL control with one from Northern Tool. It works great and has a float! The only problem is they only sell the control that you must mount vertically instead of horizontally like the original controls. The manufacturer makes a horizontal mount control but Northern doesn't sell it. The ad does not tell you how it mounts. I had to fab a bracket for mounting. Just a heads up...

avpowerstn

Equipment
B7200, FORD 545A (cream puff)
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
I have a FEL 1630 also. To float, pull down "lightly" on the joystick. If you use even a moderate amount of force it will bypass the "float" mode.

Eagle Creek

Equipment
After getting the control mount fabed and mounting the controls I found I'd lost power to the 3 Pt. hitch.. Found that I needed the Power Beyond installed on the controls. Now that it's done It works great (again)!

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Float is critical when you don't want to 'dig', just scrape. Float position will only dig in the lightest of stuff otherwise it will want to ride up unless you have the bucket very slightly down. Float is the FEL arms floating, not the bucket tilt, BTW.

Float is a major feature. I have a loader without a float and it drives me bonkers.